“Great Location with wonderful city views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melbourne Parkview Hotel

Melbourne Parkview Hotel
Ranked #26 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Benalla, Australia
“Great Location with wonderful city views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

The Parkview Hotel was a lovely clean hotel wit friendly staff and tidy and comfortable rooms. The beds are large and soft with a pillow menu for those who want that extra comfort.

All in all a great hotel, we will definitely return....

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed here one night with my partner, after booking the romance package on wotif. It included free parking, late checkout, free dinner in the restaurant and free breakfast. It was good value, the food was yummy and we had a decent size room which was clean and quiet.
The view from my room on the 9th floor was stunning.
I would suggest you book if your eating in the restaurant just in case.
Also, when we arrived the mini-bar was locked, a quick call to reception and half an hour later it was unlocked.
I would stay here again on this romance deal.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank julesar7
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We only stayed the one night, but the hotel was every thing we could wish for. Well appointed, clean modern and spacious with a view. The receptiom area gave us a very welcoming feeling.
We did eat in the restaurant, but thought the food was just average for the price. Service and ambiance were great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

For my $129 I was not expecting much. My corporate style room made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Well designed great impressive bathroom. $10 for safe over night parking. Oh I forgot to say my price included use of the top floor with sky city view use of the SPA..... Very impressed with staff when checking in and out.

Room Tip: Check the location of your room as the specials are normally at the back of the motel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights and found it pretty good.

The room I was in had been recently refurbished and was very well-equipped, with nice linen and excellent amenities.

Bizarrely, the mini-bars are locked and you have to ring reception to get someone sent up to unlock it. I didn't discover this until after I'd got ready for bed on the first night, so no water for me. This wowser attitude is very unusual, I don't think I've ever struck it before in 30 years of business travel. I can only imagine that some senior manager at the hotel has an obsession. I had to ring twice and it took nearly 1/2 an hour to get access which is, frankly, ridiculous.

The restaurant and bar was cheerful and the staff very friendly. I had breakfast there both days. It was an above average buffet, apart from a lack of choice in the fresh fruit (3 kinds of melon and pineapple). There was plenty of room in the restaurant, and good coffee was available as an option.

The internet access was relatively expensive which is disappointing for a hotel which, I imagine, gets a lot of business travelers. At that price I wasn't going to connect, so not sure if it was capped as well as dear.

The location is good, being in St Kilda, unsurprisingly, overlooking a park! It is a 20-30 minute walk to the St Kilda beach and shopping area which is a nice sort of bohemian place with a huge variety of cafes and quirky shops. There is a very frequent tram service down St Kilda road as well, with a stop right outside the hotel.

I would be happy to stay here again, but I would ask for the mini-bar to be unlocked on my booking request, and certainly immediately on arrival.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank johnascroft
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our two-night stay at Parkview Hotel, St. Kilda. We were immediately impressed with the bustling and bright foyer when we arrived on a Friday night. It was busy, the restaurant was full, but it wasn't too noisy or uncomfortable. People seemed to be relaxed and enjoying themselves in the warm and inviting atmosphere.

The room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable; my wife and I have quite different preferences for pillows, but thankfully the pillow menu catered for us both, ensuing we had restful sleep each night. The heavy curtains blocked out the glow of the city. The heating was perfect, we could adjust the thermometer and feel comfortable within a couple of short minutes.

The bathroom was tidy and clean. I loved the shower. No cumbersome door, just a simple shallow recess and a fixed panel of glass, with contemporary tiling.

We had a buffet breakfast each morning and found everything on offer to be fresh and tasty. Poached eggs were prepared and delivered to my table on request. Nice assorted pastries, cereal, juice, yoghurt... nothing was missing and I made sure I had my share! Again, despite being full each morning, the restaurant seemed relaxed and I could enjoy breakfast, coffee and newspaper in relative peace and quiet.

Nice to have a great place to stay within a short travel to the City. We will be back!

Room Tip: First floor seemed to be the only floor with a balcony. It was nice to step outside and watch the gl...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Parkview562, Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Hi Jus d
Thanks for your great review we really appreciate it. Hope to see you back soon.

Kind Regards
Andrew Goldfinch
Hotel Operations Manager
Bendigo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight on a Romance Package with dinner at the Lime Restaurant included. Nice clean Hotel. Very helpful staff. Excellent meal and service. Oh and our room had a beautiful view. Only thing we would have liked extra was a spa in our room. Thank you Parkview :)

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi itchypalms
Thanks for your great review we really appreciate it. There is a spa in our rooftop Atrium area that is available from 6.00 am to 11.00 pm, not quite the same as having one in your room though I know.

Kind Regards