Melbourne Parkview Hotel
Quest Windsor(Prahran)
  • Room Service
The Bloomfield(Melbourne)
3,205 results
All reviewscricket groundst kildarooftop spabuffet breakfastpark viewalbert parktram stoplate checkoutpillow menufull buffetchapel stcar parkingtop floorroom servicecomfortable bedspublic transportpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Good: Room and sleep quality. Self laundry available.
Bad: WiFi does not work in all rooms
Other: Breakfast was mediocre. Staff friendly and tried somewhat to be helpful but couldn't guide us much even in apparently easy issues.I don't know was the usual answer we got. Cleaning pushed us to leave for them to clean (we weren't overstaying but they wanted an early day), The bar staff could not produce any of the rinks we wanted even the listed ones.
Parking available for $12. However, time in room was pleasant and overall they deserve a 4.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am certainly disappointed to read that it appears that some staff could not help you with specific requests or did not seek answers from another source. I am sure you will agree the majority of reviews that we have received on Trip Advisor highlight the helpfulness of staff and I can only apologise if we did not provide this level of service during your stay. It appears overall that you did enjoy the facilities and general service so I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was my fourth visit to Melbourne and wonder why I did not find this hotel before. It was very comfortable with large room and had a walk in closet leading to the bath. Very conveniently located on St Road next to the park. Tram stops to downtown is 3 mins walk and a 20mins walk can take you Chapel street where you can find plenty of pubs, eateries and shopping.
They have a nice breakfast spread and offer snacks or drinks on the house in the evening on a few weekdays.
The Grand Prix track is just a 10min walk.
It has a taxi rank right outside the portico and thus taxi is always available.

Room Tip: Avoid taking rooms on St Kilda, it can be a bit noisy, though the rooms have large windows and provide you fantastic views. The rooms overlooking the park are best and cost more.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I am delighted to enjoyed you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

On a trip around parts of Australia we had two nights at this lovely hotel with friends. Very close to the tram into the city center which took around 10 minutes maximum. The rooms were a good size very comfy bed and good bathroom. Great view of the city and the MCG where I was lucky enough to see England lose! The breakfast was extensive and we were never rushed despite not getting down till 0930 each day. The reception staff, bar staff and especially the restaurant staff were welcoming and very helpful. I often post good reviews and I am very pleased with my stay - thanks. Please organize an England win next time and good luck in your marriage, Dan and Amanda (the wedding).

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I am not sure about the England win next time ! I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel is just a few kilometers from the Melbourne CBD. We stay in Melbourne every Xmas to catch up with family and usually stay in the CBD. i chose this hotel because they had a great package and with the Ashes on accommodation was hard to get and expensive in comparison.

The hotel foyer is very tired and it really doesn't do justice to the rest of the hotel. We found the room a good size and modern with a huge flat screen TV lunge chairs and nice clean bathroom. If you can get a room looking back to the city it is worth it. On one side you get the wall of a building to look at or a view bcak to the city overlooking a cricket oval and tennis courts. This makes the room very privtae and quiet.

But what I finf can make or break a hotel stay are the staff. At the Parkview without exception every staff member we came in contact with was extremly helpful, happy and had a genuine smile. It is so rare to get this sort of service and leaves you with a very warm feeling of your stay.

Room Tip: A view of the city
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It is always great to read positive comments about the staff which I will certainly share with them. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Payed $700 for 1 night through Wotif!
Room, car park and breakfast.
Friends had same deal same night for $200 through hotel.
Thought i'd be staying in a 5 star suite for that money.
Just enough room for the Kingsize bed, bed was comfortable, mini bar locked how ridiculous!
I shouldn't need to ask staff to unlock it for this price........
Bathroom and change area was claustrophobic.
Hotel will blame Wotif but its their brand they should be concerned about with this deal.
Stayed at much better for far less.

Room Tip: Don't use Wotif
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank shaun b
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. The night you stayed the majority of Melbourne Hotels were full and it was extremely difficult to find a room. In fact I believe our rate for the night although high, was one of the cheaper rooms available in the city. I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.