“Awesome service”

Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Hervey Bay
“Awesome service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed a long weekend when in town for a family event. I was very impressed with the level of service, it was exceptional. Every time I experienced a staff member, they asked "can I do anything for you" and they meant it. The hotel itself was nice.. my suite was fabulous. I hardly noticed how anything else was as I was so constantly impressed with the staff. This will now be my 'home' in Melbourne every time I visit. I can't wait to go back to experience a level of service that is rare. thank you to every person who served me..

Room Tip: I paid extra and booked a suite. It was well worth the extra.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed a memorable experience at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson.

Steve Finlayson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tootgarook, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We always stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, because it is central to everything you need for a stay in the city. We use valet parking because, we know our car will be safe and use the trams, tram stops just outside, to get into the city. Your within walking distance to Etihad Stadium and the Vic market. There is a beautiful park across the road for walking or sitting. The hotel offers great amenities, the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast menu is splendid, with a vast variety of breakfast food. There is also a restaurant at the hotel with an excellent menu and fabulous staff. The Radisson has everything you will need for a stay in the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a great review on this site.

We're pleased to read that you enjoyed yet another stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I was very happy with my visit at Radisson flagstaff! The staff was nice and very friendly and it was good service in the restaurant, HQ's, and the food was amazing. The steaks are really good, I had the ribeye which I would highly recommend. I will defenetly come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, as well as a delicious meal in HQ's on William.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I enjoyed a break here over Easter. Check in staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was very good but I have 2 suggestions a) keep plates warm with a heating device - food quickly got cold once on the plate and b) a bit of variety would have been good as I stayed 3 nights and breakfast was always the same. Not a big issue but it would have been nice.

I made use of room service one night and although there was a bit of delay and they phoned to check my order, the meal was delicious.

Room was quiet and comfortable but oddly laid out. The chair, which would be useful for watching TV, was positioned under the TV...never mind, I moved it into a suitable place for relaxing and watching TV,lol. Bed was firm - good for one night but after 3 my back was a bit sore. Plenty of bathroom amenities, Safe suitable to hold a laptop.

Housekeeping was a little slow but as one day was a public holiday, they may have been short staffed.

No problems with WiFi - all good.

Location is excellent. Tip- Flagstaff station is closed on weekends so stick to the trams which are right outside.

As I said, it was Easter weekend that I stayed. Maybe a bowl of Easter eggs on the reception desk would've been a nice touch? There was a bowl in the restaurant but it had disappeared by Easter Sunday...

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site.

We appreciate your valuable comments & will use this feedback to further assist in fine tuning our operations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying here for a week. Just far enough out of the CBD to be quiet, but close enough to town to walk into the city centre. Staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Having breakfast included in our price was a bonus. Food was excellent & again staff were fantastic.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & dining experience in HQ's on William.

We hope to see you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The service at this hotel is great and delivers up to expectation for all the necessities of our one night stay. The lobby has a generous amount of seating area and the room facilities looked newly renovated when we were there. I did not park overnight but there are lots in front of the hotel to unload and load up the car on a not so crowded street.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Enjoyed our stay for 2 nights. Every aspect of this hotel was great, the service, rooms, food. Very helpful friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again by preference. The restaurant and bar were good. Buffet breakfast was very comprehensive. Good selection on the a la carte menu & reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

The team & I are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.