“Ideal location, great hotel”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a short 4 night stay-over with my wife and infant daughter at this great hotel. While on the edge inner CBD, the tourist tram stop is a short 5 minute walk from the hotel making it incredibly easy to get around. The hotel is 4.5 star and it shows. Really good, profession service. We enjoyed a great breakfast at the hotel restaurant and had plenty of relaxing times at the bar in the later hours. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertyBobbery
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're delighted to read that you & your family had an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back upon your return to Melbourne.

Steve Finlayson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,089)

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Thankyou to the very attentive reception staff when my room was unavoidably delayed. Very yummy breakfast especially the fresh fruit. Very good location with free city circle tram at the corner and vice market also close by. It is pleasing to stay at a facility that provided free wifi. A pity more companies do not of the same. Well done.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Maryann S

Dear Maryann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Good service and excellent menu. We enjoyed the main meals and desserts - grass fed Black Angus rib eye, grilled tuna steak, vanilla and cinnamon brûlée, and chocolate tart served with burnt butter ice-cream. Special thanks to Gerill, for his assistance.

Stayed: July 2014
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're delighted to read that you had a pleasing experience at the hotel and at our restaurant, HQ's on William.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had another 3 day course at Uni and as usual wanted to stay in town to avoid dreamed 6am wake ups and train rides. I decided to take a risk with a wotif.com "mystery deal" and was pleasantly surprised when it was revealed I had scored the Radisson.

Upon arrival, checkin was processed quickly and I was in my room within about 5 minutes of walking through the door. The room was spacious, had a good work desk and an excellent bathroom with all the right amenities. The bed was large and comfortable. I had a view out the back of the hotel towards another building but as I was going to be out during the day it didn't matter.

I enjoyed room service dinner which arrived quicker than I was advised (told 45 mins when ordered but was eating within half an hour), the meal was hot and tasty. There is a good range of TV channels for browsing.

I stayed for two nights, did not have breakfast at the hotel (I always find hotel breakfast overpriced for the small amount I would eat). Walking distance to University of Melbourne (10 mins), other nearby attractions included Flagstaff Gardens, Queen Vic Market, Bourke Street Mall and Melbourne Central Shopping Centre.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank camdenham

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

It is pleasing to read that you had a fantastic stay at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel had organised the extra bed/ towels well and was very comfortable. We were upgraded to business rooms, not sure what that meant but for free shirt press... Great location for the Vic markets. Some parking issues relating to vehicle height but this was dealt with professionally and quickly with no charge. I was impressed with the way this was handled. HQ restaurant was good, with attentive and helpful staff after initially not being able to find the waiter. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vikki,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site.

We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of our GOR trip. Wonderful! As we had parked our hire car in a five minute spot I rushed check in and forgot to ask for a garden view room - we got a room overlooking the construction site with a glimpse of the city. But it was fine. When it got dark however the lights of the city looked great. Modern, clean, smelt great and a rain shower in the bathroom! I heard only one tram all night (I think it woke me up) and the room was so dark and warm we slept the latest we did on the entire trip. Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful - chef Utsav certainly knows his stuff. Next morning our breakfast was included and was great value. I couldn't get the tv to work and rang reception - I think the guy was up there in less than a minute to fix what was a minor issue. All the staff were so friendly. Very close to the QV markets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsmex

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site.

We're pleased to read that you had an excellent stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fantastic. To be made feel welcome from all the staff right through to senior management is something that makes the Raddison so unique. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The morning buffet breakfast and evening dining in the restaurant is superb.
location is ideal with access to CBD with trams or a short walk. wether a quiet weekend by ourselves or with the kids to the footy we will continue to make the Raddison our place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kez,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We're delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel.