“Great Place, will be back!!”

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #60 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked this hotel as it was the cheapest I could find in the city a few weeks ago, I wasn't sure what to expect but was more than pleasantly surprised. My partner and I booked a king room. Upon arrival we were upgraded to and executive room, which I assume was just a bit bigger in floor space than a normal one. It was a beautiful room, extremely comfortable bed and so centrally located to everything we needed. The staff were fabulous and if I had to pick anything I would say the bathrooms are a bit out dated but given the overall experience this was not a bother to us. This will definitely be our choice of hotel for any future stays in Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear lisa w

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed not only the rooms at the hotel but found our team to be friendly.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,916)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel has a nice style to it, there is very little noise, good views of the station opposite, good location and I love the modern but older styled feel to it. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and even arranged for me to use a nearby pool at a sister hotel (would be nice if they had a pool here). The faults were; I booked a kingsize room and rather than a kingsized bed it was 2 beds pushed together which was a bit dissapointing at first, but it was still a very comforable bed to stay in, the TV was in a cupboard and quite small and there were no instructions to use the "master switch" to get everything to work, also I think a more "non slip" approach to the bathrooms would be good, the bath side to the shower/bath was quite high and although it looked nice wasnt very practical to get out of, therefore I slipped and now have quite a bruise from this. The other thing was the booking in and out, I booked online and gave my card details, I then had to give my card details again and do more paperwork to check in and again make a further payment for the room to leave, I was also charged more than the room cost for a deposit and have to wait for this to be returned. Having said this, overall it was a nice hotel to stay in, with a very clean and spacious room a great location and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Denise C

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. It’s common practice for a hotel to take an imprint of a credit card or debit card at check in. The funds are then used on check out to take care of the accommodation and any extra charges incurred during your stay.

The remaining funds are then released within 7 working days depending on who you bank with. If the hold still appears on your account please contact the hotel to get this released sooner.

I sincerely hope that this did not affect your stay too much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We just returned from a four night stay at the Vibe. We had a great time and found the hotel location fantastic. We walked everywhere and found plenty of lovely places to explore and eat at. The room was comfortable and clean. The only complaint I had was the shampoo and conditioner provided - small complaint. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Missdannilouise

The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay . Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, predominantly due to the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful, constantly smiling and greeting us, even the cleaning staff. Room was not huge but very comfortable, breakfast was amazing...! Minor gripe would be the shower was difficult to get into and showerhead needs replacing, too low and thin. Pillows were hard! But that did not detract from the overall niceness of this great hotel. Definitely recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear AliciaGirl2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

I was delighted to read your feedback about our team’s guest service. It is always great when a guest recognises the outstanding service provided by team members.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Savoy in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I loved this hotel, great interior, room was really well furnished and spacious. Lobby and bar were great. Location is good, close to Southern Cross. Nice selection at breakfast. It feels very up-market although my room was reasonably priced.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank slackbloke
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear slackblooke

Thank you for time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service, great location & comfortable rooms. From the feedback you have provided we are delighted your experience with us was pleasant and you got to utilise the all the hotel’s facilities.

We hope you see you back at Vibe Savoy next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Friendly, courteous and always helpful staff. A very clean hotel with an interesting history in an excellent location to access public transport links to get to anywhere in Melbourne, and close to some of Melbourne's hidden and best eateries and nightclubs. Loved the art-deco interiors and our room was huge with glazed windows soundproofing us from the city bustle below. Enjoyed the $10 lunch specials and of course the snazzy bar decor to catchup with friends over a cold beer or two.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NoseThatKnows

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne are so thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you were able to enjoy the atmosphere of the Alexander Bar and enjoyed the very reasonably priced $10 Lunch Special.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had adjoining twin rooms when we stayed last weekend for a girl's weekend in the city. We've stayed at various hotels in the CBD over the years and all have been just fine. The location of this hotel was great for the station as we travelled by train from Bendigo.
Rooms were clean and spacious. I am not sure why someone would complain about room size, obviously haven't stayed in hotels in UK and France.
Staff all friendly and helpful, breakfast great, close to trams and surprisingly quiet despite the station being over the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Elizabeth C

We are so glad to read fabulous feedback from our guests! I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

I was especially please to read that you found the team friendly & helpful!

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future