“Wonderful night”

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #16 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Beautiful room with view to Albert Park Lake and the Grand Prix. Watching the storm roll in, bright lights of Melbourne and changing spectacles including the new soccer ground and arts centre spire. Lovely bed and facilities.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

A small but clean room on the 42 floor, with wonderful views over Port Phillip Bay. Watch young Jimmy next to those floor to ceiling windows. Its a loooong way down and that glass doesn't look anywhere thick enough. Disappointing behaviour from hotel in sending me a letter after my stay telling me they had billed me for goods from the mini bar. I hadn't touched their mini bar except to look for milk for the tea (which I couldn't find). OK, mistakes happen, but rather than call, the hotel just took the money out of my account without asking. Extremely poor form. I'll even go so far as to yell out 'shortbread fraud'. Jokes aside though, courtesy obviously comes a very poor second here...... once you've left the premises, that is.

Lots of really great hotels in Melbourne of which Ive stayed at a fair few. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tomandben
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for your honest and constructive review of our hotel. I am disappointed that you were incorrectly charged for a minibar item which you did not consume and I sincerely apologise. I will be following this up with my team to ensure this situation does not occur in the future. Rest assured the glass meets all stringent building standards. I do hope we may welcome you back one day for a trouble free stay.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed at the Sofitel with my husband, son and his girlfriend booked 2 rooms club level as a treat we had the most enjoyable time, staff are excellent, room comfy clean and wonderful views, though I did expect rooms to be bigger, bathroom beautiful. Club level fantastic nibbles & non- alcoholic drinks all day, evening more food! and alcohol served - staff in club room are very accommodating, breakfast served here was plentiful. The views from the club level were amazing and our rooms were on the 48th floor so say no more! The city was in party mode with the food & wine festival, Moomba & sporting events.. Managed to get to the league on the sunday unfortunately our team lost but was very impressed with how they have their sporting complexes set out. Of course shopping in Melbourne is also great. Had not been to Melbourne for sometime and really enjoyed venturing around this city.
I would stay at the Sofitel again great place to stay especially for a special occasion also central to everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I was most pleased to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience. Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

The Hotel certainly is centrally located and I am glad that this was convenient for your needs.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed 6 nights in a suite at this Hotel in February. The Check in was quick and easy and we were delighted to arrive in our room and see the wonderful view over looking part of the city. The room was large and well fitted out, very clean and up to the minute features. We had access to the Club Lounge which shared an equally impressive view accross the city. The selection of drinks and food in the lounge was excellent and we spend many hours there just ejoying the view.The hotel is at the top end of Collins street and only a short walk to a free tram service which goes around the central CBD. A great Hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive review on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are appreciated by everyone here. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were very impressed with the Sofitel in Melbourne its so central to everything, very clean and well appointed. The vies were fantastic, staff warm frendly helpfull.Value for money and woild stay again .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I was delighted to read your comments and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Sofitel Melbourne On Collins, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I first stayed here in 2008 and remember having a good experience...

Now in 2013 some of the petals have fallen off the rose...

The staff is still nice and the lobby / entrance is still "Grand" but the interior of the hotel is worn down and the elevator lobbies and hallways look like they are due for a rip and replace.

Google shows this property as a 5 star but it is at best a 3 star... sorry..

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lift bank. there are a LOT of elevators in this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience.

I am most appreciative of your comments and am pleased to advise you that we are talking to our owners about updating the physical product.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Our daughter booked us into this hotel as a Christmas present. We stopped at the Sofitel Melbourne from the 21st Dec 2012 for two nights. The room had views from every wall and you could see all over Melbourne. What can we say about the bed it was the best bed we have ever slept in and we are both in our late fifties! The river the tennis complex everything. The staff were so welcoming and did everything in their power to make our stay one to remember (which it was). They booked up our trips for us they walked us round to show us where we had to catch the bus they really could not have done any more. The ambience of the hotel is brilliant relaxed but very stylish. Wish we were going again and hopefully will one day and we will definitely stop here again. Thank you Sofitel.

Room Tip: Get one quite high to get the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patwalden
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay; it’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your comments will be shared with all of our team.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.