“Girl's Weekend”

Ranked #16 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room was fantastic, all the staff were very friendly, just surprised that a five star hotel could be rated as such without a pool. Yes I could and did use the Novotel's pool; but that was not a very convenient solution. Apart from the pool issue, everything else was five star.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mjward1
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your guest room and you found our staff to be very friendly.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the lack of pool and I sincerely apologise for the impact this had on your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hotel has amazing views to the ocean. Room was very comfortable with good bathroom facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful. Concierge explained the Mikey tram ticket system to us which was very helpful as first time visitors to Melbourne. Location is excellent, straight on to Collins St and within easy reach of Fed Square, Chinatown, parks etc. Hope we can visit Sofitel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay.
It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels.
I was very pleased to learn that you found all our team at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins to be friendly and helpful. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kevvyj

Reviewed 24 March 2014

When I first stayed in this hotel many moons ago, this property was rated as number one in Melbourne on this website. It's sliding down the charts currently sitting at number three and it's not difficult to see why.

Upon arrival, the staff in the arrivals area didn't even acknowledge my presence so I proceeded up to reception. Here I was greeted with a smile but was advised that there were no rooms available, the time was after 3pm which is the generic check in time. I was asked to make myself scarce for a short time.

As a Le Club member, I have the facility to select a desired room which isn't always available to you. In my case, I have selected that I prefer a room on a higher floor and a room that's away from the lifts. The room I was given was 2 floors up and adjoining the lift. The lift has a loud chime that could be heard clearly from my room. It would affect light sleepers.

The bathroom was set up for disabled guests, something that I'm not. As this was initially booked as a romantic getaway, if I was given this room I'd have been extremely unhappy as there is no bath or anything exquisite about the bathroom at all. There were also long hairs all over the bathroom floor from past guests, the longest hair on my body is no longer than 1 inch so it certainly wasn't from me.

The room itself was cleaner than the bathroom but still needed improvement. The windows facing east were so dirty that it was very difficult to see out of them.

Upon leaving, again the gentleman at the door didn't acknowledge me, let alone ask if I needed transportation or a taxi organised.

I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Ensist on a room on a higher level and away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank GF2183

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We would hope you would call us at your convenience on 03 9653 7730 or email us on h1902-am01@sofitel.com.We look forward to hearing from you and apologise that you weren’t afforded the usual high standard of service we provide.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerri P
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I love staying at sofitel we always feel welcome, it's clean great food and the best service. we love the views from our room and always up grade I like the larger rooms , love getting the voucher for drinks and chocolates we get on arrival , a lovely personal touch.we atay there as its our little touch of heaven .I wish we could afford it more often but we look forward to staying as much as we do

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for returning to stay at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. We pride ourselves on providing genuine service and those little extra touches that make a stay memorable. It’s great to hear you had a pleasant experience. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.