“A wonderful stay”

Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Melbourne earlier this year and had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The highlight of my stay was the Concierge, who joyfully took care of all the shoppings bags I kept bringing to him to send up to our room! We had a good laugh every time I arrived with another bag. I can't remember his name but I'd like to say thank you for your excellent service.
Breakfast was amazing and all the little dishes inspired some of my own creations when I got back home. The room was spacious and the bed and linen were so comfy and soft.
I booked a massage in my room which was my only disappointment of the stay. Although the therapist was a nice lady, she lacked skill and experience. Very expensive for the quality of the massage I received. For this reason I'm rating the value as average. I do understand though that the issue lies with the company that provides the service but I hope the hotel management will in the future consider carefully who they chose as their service providers. Regardless, it doesn't change my overall experience of the hotel which was excellent. I recently missed another opportunity to go back to Melbourne but I will certainly go back and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you truly enjoyed Sofitel experience. Your comments about the service provided by our Concierge is very much appreciated here. I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team. Thank you also for telling me about your disappointment with your in room massage. I will review these with the company we use and please accept my apologies. These comments are the first I have heard of however will ensure they don’t re-occur. I am very pleased that this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The stay was wonderful. The hotel was located at the corner of the CBD area so was a bit far from the main shopping belt. Love the DVD player provided (only upon request) as there were not much tv programmes suitable for us. The bay view from our room was fantastic. Overall, we were satisfied with the service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend away , this is the 5th time we have stayed and it was just amazing once again.

The quality of service is fantastic , rooms and restaurant just great !!

Always magnificent !!

We will be back once again as the Sofitel brand never let's is down , it does not matter if it is fiji , Bali or Melbourne always consistent and fantastic !!

One of the finest !!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellingglenn2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and welcome back for the 5th time to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone. We look forward to your next visit to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins.
Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 5 star experience started the minute I walked into this fabulous hotel. From the reception area, front desk staff, concierge, room, view, breakfast and facilities offered, the Sofitel is excellence personified! Oh and not to mention the location, you guessed it, right in the heart of Melbourne.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone.
We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at The Sofitel Melbourne for a weekend away. It is a truly impressive hotel. We loved the quality/price of the corner suite, which had some of the best views I have ever seen. It is also in a perfect location. The buffet breakfast was fantastic, with the restaurant also hosting an amazing view. We will return for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike_Adelaide
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. The views of Melbourne are spectacular from our guest’s rooms and dining areas on level 35. I am pleased to read you appreciated your Sofitel Experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.