“Great hotel @ best location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Melbourne on Collins

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
indonesia
“Great hotel @ best location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last week,and I found Sofitel always 'nice and comfortable hotel'.And special in Melbourne,its location is on the nice street,and near Swanston street,where you could find stores,souvenir shops,restaurants..so you can walk only 8-10 minutes..

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank chrysantha
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you did have a lovely stay at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Goettingen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I must say, I am just a little bit disappointed. The very first impression was rather bad due to some untrained and unfriendly girl at the reception desk (I'm almost sure she was just a trainee but still...). I even wouldn't mention it but for the rest of our stay all other staff members were nice, friendly, and helpfull (special thanks to the young concierge, I only wish I didn't forget his name, who was just a great tips giver!).

Why dissappointed? Although the room had a spectacular view, it looked very old and "used" (some water? stains on the ceiling, the furniture sometimes missing paint or whaterver it is that cover them). The bathroom so-so, but of course spotless - same with the room, it was not dirty but a tiny renovation wouldn't hurt. Great Sofitel-style comfortable bed.

For people who like to laugh - in the mornig I got a copied version of the newspaper... I was so amused that I even asked at the reception if they are in crisis but they said that they didn't have the one I have in my profile so they gave me a copy the next which was most similar). But c'mon it suppose to be Sofitel...

Anyhow, I higly recommend the breakfast. It is served on one of the top floors, the dining room has even better view that my room, the food was fresh, tasty and rich. We had a wonderful, very attentive waitress.

Anyhow, I can still recommend this hotel even though it might consider doing some improvements.

PS Very, very nice fitness area with great view over the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank me_not_likey
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. Your arrival experience is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and we apologise for the lapse in service on our part. We were very pleasde with your positive feedback about No35 Breakfast and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Food & Beverage team. Your detailed comments are most appreciated and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at Sofitel on 12th june till 14th june . I stayed 2 hotels during my trip (intercontinental)

Valet : It will be $50 per day , trust me , is very reasonable .

Rooms : I stayed in a junior suite at 43 floor , there were separate tub and shower . The room is pretty big , the view is magnificent! The bed is the best bed i ever had , it feels like you were sleeping on cloud .

Service : The service is sincere and good . David who is the valet have a very good memory , they remembered us and took good care of us . Esther(if i did not remember her name wrongly) and the other trainee at the front desk is very helpful too . They tried their best to help us to locate a petrol kiosk when the concierge is off duty . Very sincere service.

Breakfast : The breakfast is definitely worth every penny ! They have a great selection and many variety! They even have chef to serve you pancakes , waffles , french toast and omelettes. Anything you name , they cook it for you! Service is great too , they keep refilling the juice for you .

Restaurant : Though we have a $60 voucher daily in our package . But we do not have the chance to use it . The restaurant is always very fully booked during dinner hours . We do not drink alcohol therefore we can't use it in the atrium bar. Therefore , we wasted the $60 voucher . Was hoping they could let us use it in room service or even mini bar =)

Room Tip: Get a suite and have their breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for providing us with such detailed feedback after your stay with us. We are always pleased to read such positive comments as you mentioned, and especially the service you received from David and Esther.
Your feedback about your $60 voucher are appreciated and well taken. We apologise that this issue kept you from having a flawless visit. We do hope to have you back in the not too distant future.
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I always stay at the Sofitel on Collins and have never been disappointed,. From the great staff to the views from the rooms it is fantastic. Great location to the the city centre, sporting arenas and shopping ! The rooms have the most comfortable beds!
We got a lovely bottle of champagne on our last visit - staff going above and beyond, thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I was delighted to read that you had an amazing time with us. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Used to always use Lindrum but this is now a firm favourite. Rooms always quiet and spotlessly clean. Staff always attentive. Never used bar or food places as so many options on Flinders Lane. Definately reccomend as an option for a business traveller.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard S
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you were pleased with your stay with us at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was truly perfect. Upon arrival was greeted by the most professional and courteous driveway attendant and at check in was offered a terrific upgrade to a corner suite with the most amazing views. The room was beautifully appointed and perfectly presented. The Club Sofitel Lounge is a relaxing and inviting space with every conceivable service for a busy traveller and highly recommended! We couldn't fault this 5 star hotel and will be back again.

Room Tip: Corner suite recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on Tip Advisor. Pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the Sofitel Club lounge experience. Appreciate your kind words about the service received by our Ambassadors, it is truly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins.
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I spent 4 nights with my teenage daughter in a Twin Room on the 47 th floor with Club Lounge access.
The room was spacious with plenty of room for two suitcases, nice Lanvin amenities in the bathroom, comfortable beds, quiet and amazing views.
We used the Lounge for breakfast and in the evenings..
Breakfast was buffet, hot and cold and included cooked to order choices and we enjoyed the evening drinks with great food, including oysters and the French Cheese night on arrival.
Location is just a short walk to Southbank or the Central Shopping areas.
The Service was fantastic and we would definitely choose to stay again.

Room Tip: High floors have the best view. Club floors don't have twin beds!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone. The hotel is within close walking distance to various attractions which is why our guest choose to stay with us.
We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.