“Poor”

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Uncomfortable bed and upgrading to club Sofitel to use the lounge for lunch and desert was a complete waste of money. We won't be doing it again. The staff were however very polite and helpful at all times.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Justin M
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. It is with regret to read that your overall experience was not as it should have been. I would hope you would email us at your convenience on h1902-am01@sofitel.com so we can look into your situation a little more. We look forward to hearing from you and apologise that you weren’t afforded the usual high standard of service we provide.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked it as a mystery deal for a one night stay. Lovely welcome from staff at door, then smooth check in on level 1 in the very plush reception area.. The room was super with one of the comfiest beds to fall in to at the end of the day. Fabulous views and great work space, not to mention plenty of storage space. My only dislike of the room was the lack of a walk in shower in the beautiful marble bathroom. The bath was so deep, I think an older person would struggle to hop in and out.

We had drinks in the Atrium bar, service was impeccable and the I'm told the view from the Mens room is something else!

Concierge was full of suggestions for dinner, there are some fantastic places along Flinders Lane. The staff at all levels made this stay fantastic. Would we stay again? Absolutely, in a flash!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and thank you for your kind words about our friendly Ambassadors. I do apologise that your guest bathroom was not to your liking. We certainly can assign a room with a separate shower upon your next visit. Please let us know. We look forward to your return to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great facilities great service and a enjoyable stay. Buffet breakfast was extensive and service during breakfast was excellent. Location is at top end of Collins but access to city circle tram was only a couple of minutes away, and walk into city was only about 10 minutes max.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also thrilled to read you enjoyed your buffet breakfast service and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Executive Chef. Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is within close walking distance to various attractions which is why our guest choose to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last week,and I found Sofitel always 'nice and comfortable hotel'.And special in Melbourne,its location is on the nice street,and near Swanston street,where you could find stores,souvenir shops,restaurants..so you can walk only 8-10 minutes..

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank chrysantha

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you did have a lovely stay at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I must say, I am just a little bit disappointed. The very first impression was rather bad due to some untrained and unfriendly girl at the reception desk (I'm almost sure she was just a trainee but still...). I even wouldn't mention it but for the rest of our stay all other staff members were nice, friendly, and helpfull (special thanks to the young concierge, I only wish I didn't forget his name, who was just a great tips giver!).

Why dissappointed? Although the room had a spectacular view, it looked very old and "used" (some water? stains on the ceiling, the furniture sometimes missing paint or whaterver it is that cover them). The bathroom so-so, but of course spotless - same with the room, it was not dirty but a tiny renovation wouldn't hurt. Great Sofitel-style comfortable bed.

For people who like to laugh - in the mornig I got a copied version of the newspaper... I was so amused that I even asked at the reception if they are in crisis but they said that they didn't have the one I have in my profile so they gave me a copy the next which was most similar). But c'mon it suppose to be Sofitel...

Anyhow, I higly recommend the breakfast. It is served on one of the top floors, the dining room has even better view that my room, the food was fresh, tasty and rich. We had a wonderful, very attentive waitress.

Anyhow, I can still recommend this hotel even though it might consider doing some improvements.

PS Very, very nice fitness area with great view over the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank me_not_likey
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. Your arrival experience is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and we apologise for the lapse in service on our part. We were very pleasde with your positive feedback about No35 Breakfast and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Food & Beverage team. Your detailed comments are most appreciated and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at Sofitel on 12th june till 14th june . I stayed 2 hotels during my trip (intercontinental)

Valet : It will be $50 per day , trust me , is very reasonable .

Rooms : I stayed in a junior suite at 43 floor , there were separate tub and shower . The room is pretty big , the view is magnificent! The bed is the best bed i ever had , it feels like you were sleeping on cloud .

Service : The service is sincere and good . David who is the valet have a very good memory , they remembered us and took good care of us . Esther(if i did not remember her name wrongly) and the other trainee at the front desk is very helpful too . They tried their best to help us to locate a petrol kiosk when the concierge is off duty . Very sincere service.

Breakfast : The breakfast is definitely worth every penny ! They have a great selection and many variety! They even have chef to serve you pancakes , waffles , french toast and omelettes. Anything you name , they cook it for you! Service is great too , they keep refilling the juice for you .

Restaurant : Though we have a $60 voucher daily in our package . But we do not have the chance to use it . The restaurant is always very fully booked during dinner hours . We do not drink alcohol therefore we can't use it in the atrium bar. Therefore , we wasted the $60 voucher . Was hoping they could let us use it in room service or even mini bar =)

Room Tip: Get a suite and have their breakfast!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for providing us with such detailed feedback after your stay with us. We are always pleased to read such positive comments as you mentioned, and especially the service you received from David and Esther.
Your feedback about your $60 voucher are appreciated and well taken. We apologise that this issue kept you from having a flawless visit. We do hope to have you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I always stay at the Sofitel on Collins and have never been disappointed,. From the great staff to the views from the rooms it is fantastic. Great location to the the city centre, sporting arenas and shopping ! The rooms have the most comfortable beds!
We got a lovely bottle of champagne on our last visit - staff going above and beyond, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremy H, Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I was delighted to read that you had an amazing time with us. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.