We got a great Wotif mystery deal so stayed here for one night recently.
From the second we arrived, service was excellent. Valet parking was handled quickly and efficiently, and the checkin staff were friendly and welcoming. We didn't encounter a single staff member that wasn't friendly; really top quality service.
Had the standard room which was fine for a short stay. The view however (37th floor) was to die for! Best view from a city hotel we have ever had.
Room was immaculately clean and well appointed, albeit a tad dated. I loved the automatic sensor light in the bathroom, really handy when you get up in the night. Lights were controlled by a panel next to the bed which again was really handy.
The beds are showing signs of their age, and we did find we sunk into the mattress a bit. These could certainly do with replacing I think.
The atrium bar is just gorgeous! We unfortunately didn't have time for a pre-dinner drink but it seems like a great place to relax with a few drinks.
Room service was fast and hot, however we found it very strange that we were unable to get sour cream or creme fraiche with our salmon platter. Really, I am sure a hotel of this calibre would have sour cream in their kitchen somewhere. But honestly, this was the only negative.
I really appreciated the bottle of bubbly sent up for my birthday celebration. As we were Accor members, we also received choccies and a two drinks vouchers on arrival. Very nice touches.
The highlight for us was the fabulous buffet breaky on the 35th floor. The staff were friendly and attentive, taking guests through the buffet options before seating them. Of all the 5 star hotels we have had breaky at, the Sofitel wins hands down for both service and quality. Can highly recommend starting the day with the buffet!
All in all, a great overnight getaway. Would happily stay here again, especially if I can snag another mystery deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel