The first time we arrived at the hotel, we were quite shocked with the lobby. It was small and felt nothing like a five star hotel. Even the general presentation of the hotel is more like a 4 star hotel. On the way to our room, we could see paints peeling off in many places, particularly on door frames which wasn't nice to see. The moment we entered our room, we were very impressed with just about everything. It had kitchen cabinet, living room was quite spacious, furniture was modern and well maintained, overall the room exceeded our expectation. In the room package, it didn't come with free breakfast, the reception gave us 50% discount voucher for breakfast instead. The breakfast lacked variety and there was nothing special, which made us only to use 2 vouchers out of 4 that they gave. The location is very good, it's in the centre of Melbourne CBD even though it's located in the small alley of little collins st. The room definitely covered up for the lack of other stuff. Given room rate is acceptable for this kind of hotel, I will probably come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel