Work brought me back to Melbourne for 4 nights and I chose the Stamford Plaza (for the first time) as a result of a good deal I found online. The hotel is very well located at the top end of Collins street with an abundance of transport options surrounding the hotel or within a short walk.
I was warmly welcomed at check in and my request for a room on a high floor was honoured. The rooms are all very large and feature an open plan lounge and dining area, separate bedroom, small kitchenette (complete with microwave and dishwasher) and large bathroom. I found the rooms to be tastefully decorated and very comfortable, especially the very good bed. Double doors also opened onto a very small balcony which was great for fresh air.
The bathroom was becoming a little dated but was still perfectly adequate. The two TVs worked well and the room was very well lit with ample space for working at the desk. Housekeeping was very good and the 'Do Not Disturb' request was always respected.I used the gym - located on the top floor - and it was excellent.
The only concern to be aware of aware of is outside noise. Even from the 15th floor I could hear the crowds on Friday and Saturday night, so during a weekend stay I would strongly recommend a room on a high floor.
All in all this was an excellent hotel offering larger than average rooms, the convenience of your own kitchenette and genuinely warm service. I'll certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel