In June 2014 we stayed at the Stamford Plaza Melbourne after it was selected for us on a hotel booking website as a "Mystery Deal" for 3 nights.
The hotel is an "all suite" hotel and is located right in the heart of Melbourne's CBD in the "paris end" of Little Collins Street. This location is in walking distance of Chinatown, trams, and other Melbourne attractions.
Upon arrival we were greeted by two doormen who opened the door of our taxi for us, welcomed us to the hotel, and removed our bags. These staff were extremely polite and friendly and it really kicked off a excellent first impression of the hotel.
Our check-in was handled quickly and without fuss. Our bag was brought to our room and upon arrival we were pleased with the layout and quality of the room itself. As we entered there was a small sitting area with a desk, a dining table with four chairs, a kitchenette, a couch with coffee table and TV, then through to a bedroom. Running off the bedroom was a ensuite and separate dressing area.
The room was immaculately clean and comfortable. The only thing that we noticed was that some of the appliances (e.g. microwave, fridge) were a little bit dated, as were little things like the tapware, etc. However, these were certainly not below standard or not functional at all.
Sleep quality was fantastic - despite the fact that we were in a fairly busy area of Melbourne, noise levels were non-existent.
We had breakfast at "Harry's" on one morning and we were glad that we had a voucher that reduced the per head cost from $34.00 to $19.00. The breakfast buffet was as expected but I think that had we paid $68.00 between the two of us we would have felt as though we had paid too much considering the excellent breakfast venues that Melbourne has on offer.
Upon our departure we were again impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff and their genuine willingness to help, right down to getting our bag for us and hailing a taxi.
The Stamford in Melbourne is definitely somewhere where we would consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel