“Disappointment”

Stamford Plaza Melbourne
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was quick business trip. I was booked into this hotel and after spending most of the day at meetings and being rather exhausted and thirsty I opened bottle of mineral water took a sip and went to sleep. When booking out next morning I was stung with $10 bill for it
Can not comment on services of this establishment as I did not use any but as one may expect I took shower in the morning -after 5 minutes I felt like I am in the steam bath. There is no exhaust fan!
It's a rather cheap hotel so one should not expect 5 star facilities. Seem that what they save customers on cost per room they make up with cost of water:-). Very disappointed

Room Tip: Choose better hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jerzybrodzki
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear jerzybrodski,
Our guests’ complete satisfaction is of prime concern to us and as such we are disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. I apologise for the steam experienced in the bathroom, we use an extractor system throughout the hotel and I will ensure your comments are investigated by our engineering team to ensure all is in working order. I do hope that you might be willing to give us another opportunity to show that we are capable of exceeding your expectations in all areas. If so, I would like to personally oversee your arrangements and ensure you have a wonderful stay, please feel free to contact me directly so I may assist.

There are newer reviews for Stamford Plaza Melbourne

Reviewed 23 July 2014

A Friend and I stayed here for a few nights and were pretty disappointed with the stay. We upgraded rooms to ensure we could check in sooner, (we had a concert to get to) the room was still being cleaned when we got there but that was not a big issue. What was, was the standard of cleanliness of the room. This topic was raised to front desk staff who apologised but that was it. One attempt was made by management to contact me but i missed the call and my call back was never returned. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kintamasan
Lilian R, Executive Assistant Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Kintamasan,
I sincerely apologise for the shortfall with regards to the cleanliness of your suite and am most disappointed at the lack of follow up taken. If you have a few minutes available I would be very grateful for the opportunity to speak with you; I hope that I may restore your impression of the service we provide at Stamford and ensure that the appropriate follow up is made with my team.
Please feel free to contact me on 03 9659 1000, I would be very happy to hear from you.
Fabien Dewelle
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a one bedroom apartment here for a week, apartment was spacious, it was in a fantastic location. Some parts were really very good ie they were very good in making up our beds each day and were accommodating when we asked but we did feel that we had to ask to get the service, ie each day we had to ask for coffee and sugar and milk etc we had to ask for a paper (of course once we asked we got), We had a meal at Harrys that was very good and a couple of in suite dinners and they were also or a good standard. The person who looks after pool and spa does a fantastic job and we saw him regularly analyzing the water etc and looking after the place. Overall we were happy and would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor of the west tower and were happy here, quite enough.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Jenz1,
Thanks for your great review and I am so pleased that overall your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I am sorry that we didn’t get it quite right with the daily servicing of your suite and will ensure that further training is conducted with my team to ensure that every suite is stocked appropriately. I’m thrilled you had a great time in our pool and spa area also and I know our engineering team will be very proud to note that their efforts to keep our guests comfortable and our facilities to top standard have not gone unnoticed – thanks for your compliments.
We’d love to see you again for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I both stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 2013. Lovely, neat and well presented hotel room. I like nice rooms and it didn't disappoint. Close to the centre of town, shopping, restaurants and transport. Will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Lilian R, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear GorgeousCouple7079,
Thank you very much for your complimentary remarks! We are very proud to have delivered all you were looking for within our hotel. We get lots of great comments about our location; it really is a great spot for taking advantage of all that Melbourne has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the warm Stamford way on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights to attend a wedding in another (more expensive) hotel. We had 2 rooms and they catered well for our 6 month old but not so well for the 2 year old as they didn't have fold out beds. He ended up sleeping in the bed with his dad and his mum on the couch. Location was great and just across the road from the hotel where the wedding was. Staff very friendly and great at recommending a cafe for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear janineor,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay. It’s great to note that our convenient location and friendly staff made for an enjoyable stay. Your feedback regarding your sleeping arrangements does surprise me though as we certainly have roll away beds available for use.
Please mention this requirement to our friendly reservations team when making your next booking so they may make the necessary arrangements for your arrival. Our guests’ comfort is of the utmost importance to us and for the benefit of our future guests, our friendly team of staff is always available to assist with any queries you may have.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for business . The staff were welcoming and informative . The bedroom had a small kitchen and lounge area, much more than I had anticipated for the price.
Will certainly stay at this hotel ahisn

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate5757

Dear kate5757,
Comfortable surroundings, great value and attentive service is what we strive to provide, and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in all of these areas. Thanks for choosing us as your preferred accommodation in Melbourne and welcome to the Stamford family!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel is in a great location especially if you are going to watch a show .Rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable and big - (we stayed in a twin room).
We had breakfast in Harry,s and it was great. Staff is friendly and very helpful.
I would definitely stay there again next time I am in Melbourne.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MTE73

Dear MTE73,
Location, location, location! Stamford Plaza Melbourne definitely has it! Thank you for highlighting some of the features which made your time with us so enjoyable, we’re thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If you’re coming to Melbourne to see a stage show or musical you might be interested in our Theatre Accommodation package which includes overnight accommodation, a 2 course pre theatre dinner at Harry’s Restaurant, delicious breakfast the following morning and valet parking. We’d love to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,