Nice hotel and in a good locale
In room dining food was tasty and good portions.....BUT
The service needed serious attention
- Lobby bar waiter was rude and was finishing his shift and wanted us to pay up, after 45mins and halfway thru out second glass of expensive red wine.
Strange as the bill should of gone to next waiters shift....not a good way to expect a tip.
- Checkin did not give us any explanations of where amenities were, or check out times, no information.
- No one was at the pool/ fitness centre to checkin towels etc on both occasions.
- key card to room demagnetised twice, and had to go back to check-in to have new ones issued...seriously frustrating.
- Checkout time, received the bill with a charge towards a charity ..upon asking about it, apparently it in the small print on checkin. Not appropriate for sooo many reasons.
The duty manager was polite however but by that time, I had already ticked this hotel off my list..Shame!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, chic and elegantly understated, The Westin Melbourne's dramatic staircase and light-filled lobby sets the tone for one of Australia's leading hotels. Boasting 262 luxurious guest rooms, the award winning property is surrounded by theatres, galleries, designer boutiques and the city's finest attractions. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Westin Melbourne
- Melbourne Westin