“One of my Favourite places to Stay”

The Westin Melbourne
Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Gorgeous hotel and excellent location. Room service is outstanding as everything about this hotel. Upgraded to a King room which is so much nicer. I stayed with my daughter and another family for a school dance trip. I love staying here so friendly and helpful. The restaurant is very expensive but lovely.

Room Tip: King Rooms are much nicer than standard ones.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
WestinMelboune1185, Manager at The Westin Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear reviewer. We are delighted to hear that you had such a fulfilling stay. Glad you enjoyed our very large and well appointed rooms with signature Westin features that enable us to offer our guests a rejuvenating stay each and every time. During your next visit, may we just mention if you are not already a Starwood Preferred Guest member, go on line to join the program so we may keep you informed of our special offers together with 15% off food in all our venues (T& C’s apply)even if you are not staying. Membership is complimentary. Simply visit spg.com. We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Melbourne some time soon. Be well.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay here quite frequently for business and have always found it extremely pleasant. Came down last weekend with my husband and another couple and stayed for two nights - really can't speak highly enough. Rooms were ready and next-door to each other as requested on arrival. Lovely service in the downstairs lobby. No trouble arranging a hire car which was delivered to us the next day and taken care of when we were finished with it. Requested a late checkout which was no problem at all - the lovely staff even asked if there was anything they could do for me as I was clearly not well on the Sunday. Fabulous breakfast in the restaurant, rooms perfectly made up and prepared, lovely deep bath. Most of all a fabulous position for a Melbourne weekend getaway. If I was going to be super-picky I would say that there was a bit of street noise as we were on L2, the lighting in the bathrooms is not great for make-up and the TV remote is a little slow. However these are minor inconveniences that you would find at most hotels and are more than made up for by the rest. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara T

Dear reviewer. Thank you for your feedback, it is very valuable to us. We are pleased you returned to The Westin Melbourne during your personal time. Our associates aim to deliver instinctive and personal service to all our guests. We will pass on your kind comments regarding breakfast to the chefs and team in Allegro. Sorry you heard some street noise as our windows are double glazed. We will look into the lighting in the bathrooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Be well.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect, easy walking distance to pretty much anywhere you want to go.
As an SPG gold we were upgraded to a deluxe room, the view onto Swanston street is absolutely amazing. The staff are super friendly and the rooms are clean and extremely spacious.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, and could hear the protest march that was happening outside on one of the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel’s unbeatable Collins street address in the middle of Melbourne City and our high levels of service which the associates take pride in offering guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Be well.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife, 7 year old boy, and I just had a few nights at this lovely well situated hotel. We were very impressed with the friendly, obliging staff and everything about the place. the King Bed we had (and rollaway for the little bloke) was very comfortable and i wouldn't mind having the blinds thay have at my place. They kept the room dark in the morning so you slept in very easily. The pool is great and perfect for little ones as it is only 1.1 metres deep the whole way. I would thoroughly recommend the Westin to other visitors to Melbourne.

Room Tip: Get a Swanston Street view room if you can - you can watch the world go by.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RooboyTasmania

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed our instinctive service. We strive to provide guests with personal service and renewing facilities so it is inspiring to read we have consistently fulfilled your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Be well.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at Westin Melbourne on many occasions over the past 14 years. Comfort, facilities, location - nothing has change - all are excellent. However, as a supposed valued member of their loyalty club, I was disappointed on my treatment on this occasion. Having made 3 bookings - one room for 5 nights, one for 2 and another for 1 night for family and friends, I had received confirmation of all at agreed rates. When I came to settled my account I had been charged an extra $44 per night for the 5 night stay. Despite pointing this out and having by written confirmation with me, the front desk treated me as if I was trying to pay less than I should. They said they would look into the matter (why - because all the proof was there?) and when they didn't reply when they said they would, I contacted them on a few occasions the following day over some hours only to be told the relevant person was "with customers". Finally the matter was resolved after contacting and speaking to the General Manager. The point is - a written confirmation should be enough to authorise front desk staff to honour an agreement. It leave a disappointment on the way loyal customers are treated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rainman37

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Our location is certainly unbeatable along with our first class facilities. Apologies there was some confusion with your bookings. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Melbourne once again. Be well.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We drove from Sydney to Melbourne dropped our car to the bell captain AUD50 per day for valet parking and checked in the hotel.
I have stayed here 3-4 times on business love the location.

Upgrade to a suite on the third day. Not much different between a suite and a deluxe room. Bigger bathroom, more spacious room and television. Unlike Sydney or some other Westin in APEC, a suite represent one bed room with separate living and sleeping area not the same in Melbourne Westin. The bed size is the same, same furniture.

House keeping need to improve. No complimentary fruit nor chocolate. Incomplete make up of room no milk in fridge and bath oil in the bathroom disappointed.

Like the high tea set AUD49 per head with selection of 16 types of tea and free refill of coffee, lovely cakes. Though expensive, great place to get together after shopping for a lazy afternoon.

Service is good with caring staff. In conclusion I rate this hotel 4 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Perhaps you would consider one of the Regent Suites in the future as they have a seperate lounge room and stunning views over the city. Please feel free to inquire with our Front Office Manager for future stays. We do apologise that there was no milk in your room. In the bathrooms we do have bath and shower gel but we could arrange bath salts in your room on your next visit. We are pleased you enjoyed our popular High Tea and will pass on your comments to the chefs regarding their lovely cakes. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Be well.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My first time in Melbourne, and yet again was recommended this hotel. I must say I was surprised with the room size they are quite spacious and very good beds. So you get a very good night asleep. They centrally located so pretty much everything is on walking distance, shopping, main train station, lots of restaurants and a theater opposite the hotel but mainly shopping malls..ect I went to an AFL game and it took me less the 15 min by tramway. My stay coincidence with the laughter festival so lots of activities around the hotel, you can actually see some from the terrace of their lobby coffee-shop. Very friendly stuff and polite. Great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
WestinMelboune1185, Manager at The Westin Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear reviewer. Thank you for your positive review and nice to read that we were recommended. We are pleased you made the most of our unbeatable location and that you recognized the instinctive level of service that we strive to uphold at our hotel. The world class in room features such as the Westins signature Heavenly Bed, bath and shower, provide our guests with such a revitalizing stay. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin.
Be well.