“Convenient and well priced”

Mantra Southbank Melbourne
Ranked #58 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our early check-in request was met which was very much appreciated arriving in the morning! Very convenient being on City Road and right across from Southbank and then in to the CBD. Room service food was quite average but this was the only downfall. Couch position to the TV wasn't the greatest either (quite small and close together) but for a 1 bedroom apartment we couldn't complain and there was ample room on entry and to sit around the table.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank miss-bee-anchor

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our first time staying at a Mantra. We loved having the separate living area with the sofa bed and although we didn't use the kitchen it would be handy for a longer stay. The breakfast was very, very nice with a few touches we haven't seen at other breakfasts. Good location at Southbank . Would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J0P60
GMMantraSouthbank, Front Office Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Dear J0P60,
Marvellous Mantra! I like it. It has a nice ring to it.
Thank you so much for taking the time review of our hotel. It's wonderful to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that the hotel has to offer.
We hope to see you again next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed 1 night to attend a concert at Etihad stadium. Its located a bit of a walk from Eithad but we didn't mind as got a great deal here. Was also pleasently surprised that the hotel is actually an apartment hotel. Very little street noise and good nights sleep. We had dinner in the restaurant and although there wasn't much on the menu that was listed Gluten free, the staff were happy to chat with the chef and come up with an alternative for me.

2  Thank Lara_TravelTC

Dear travelholicaussie,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It's fantastic to hear that you were able to enjoy the fabulous food in our restaurant Spire Kitchen & Bar and though we didn't have any items on the menu that met your dietary requirements, that the Restaurant team were able to find an alternative for you.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Mantra over a Saturday evening. I didn't realise that this coincided with White Night, so the hotel was very busy. Nonetheless, the staff were excellent and processed everyone with little delay.

The hotel also put on a complimentary continental breakfast which was most welcomed.

The room was great and in fact it was a one bedroom apartment. If I was to stay in mlb for a few days, I would book into this Mantra as it has good cooking facilities. That said, it is a very short stroll to some of the best restaurants mlb has to offer.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lifts.
3  Thank Nipper_11

Dear Nipper_11,
Thank you for your review of Mantra Southbank Melbourne. Though only a couple of years old, White Night is always a very busy night in Melbourne and it is fantastic that you were able to join us for the event. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious 1 Bedroom Apartments and that you were able to sample some of Melbourne's great eateries.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed 3 nights recently at the Mantra in a one bedroom apartment. The Mantra is in a great location, close Southbank, Crown and city centre. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was suitable for our needs and clean, found the lounge room couch a little uncomfortable, but we didn't spend much time in the room anyways. We ended up with a room with a disabled bathroom, which didn't suit us and was annoying to have no vanity space and water all over the bathroom floor. We were on level 6 and were able to hear the road noises like we were on the same level, which at times during the time was annoying, not sure if higher up it was quieter. Didn't eat at the restaurant, had one drink the bar, bar staff very friendly. Overall, great city stay. Would stay again.

4  Thank austag

Dear austag,
Thank you so much for your review. It's terrific to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service provided by all of the staff was friendly and helpful. In regards to your feedback about the accessible bathroom, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel next time you are in Melbourne and we will be happy to meet any requests that you may have.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The location of this hotel was great. We were in Melbourne for a concert at AAMI and it was an easy walk to the stadium and back. Also the hotel is well appointed for Flinders Street Station, the Southbank and the CBD.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on level 7. We didn't have much outside noise in the room and slept well. The apartment was well set out and was clean and tidy. The bathroom contained a walk in shower rather than over the bed. The beds were comfortable; air con worked a treat and the general facilities of the room were excellent.

All in all, I would be very happy to stay here again and I would recommend the apartments.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here for a work trip last week. I have never stayed here before. I checked in only to find that the restaurant and kitchen were closed for room service and dining. I arrived on an early flight, very stressful business meetings, the usual debacle of never being able to get a cab in Melbourne and walked 1.4 kms in heels, with my suitcase to the Mantra! The last thing I wanted to do was leave the hotel and forage for food... I asked the hotel why we weren't advised of this when we booked - paying full price... which I assume would include room service. But no, we were not informed when we booked. Why then no discount as services are not available?? I was told that they would investigate and let me know.

When I asked for some help of where I could get dinner from, I was given a half-hearted answer; "there's places around here you can walk to"... OK? where? "there's a few". Anyway, I asked if Melbourne had a MENULOG or EAT NOW app for takeaway delivery. No one at reception knew what I was talking about.(I did log into the App and managed to get dinner delivered to my room).

The reception staff rang me to explain that the reason for the closure was unforeseen and had happened the THAT morning because of a "smell" in the restaurant and some pipes in the kitchen needed to be checked so they needed to close the kitchen to check the plumbing.

So why then, were there painters and electricians in the restaurant laying down painting tarps. It was an obvious re-furb. Knowing that full food services were not available, they should have given guests the choice if they wanted to book there. The services were not available, we paid full price, and basically, I was lied to.

Room Tip: The traffic noise for rooms facing/backing onto City Road is UNBEARABLE... unless you want to wake u...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzanne B
GMMantraSouthbank, General Manager at Mantra Southbank Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thnk you for your feedback following your stay with us in February.

I would like to apologise about the inconvenience caused due to the restaurant being closed due to major works following a flooding incident that was totally unforseen and required the closure of the restaurant for recitification works.

I have sent you a private message with my contact details and hope that we can get the opportunity to invite you back to enjoy the hotel and the restaurant as you had intended on this occassion.

Kind Regards