I spent a few days in a one bedroom with a large balcony and the positives are
that this Apartment-Hotel is very centrally located with friendly staff and
rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchenette is also well equipped. That said,
this hotel is not a five star and has the following short comings.
A) No wireless in rooms -- so one is tethered to a desk and one cannot use Ipads
and the like. Given the exorbitant charge for internet one would think wireless
service would be standard..instead one has to do the prehistoric plug in of
B) Furniture and fittings are dated and resemble an Ikea showroom.
C) cordless phones would be a simple and useful addition particularly in the
D) NO CNBC, CNN, and only about 10 channels - which is a bizarre omission and
when I complained the front desk was apologetic but did not seem to think that
this was an issue.
E) a lumpy, aging and overused mattress that reminded me of boarding school.
F) A tiny (literally three's a crowd) gym however it is reasonably well equipped
but a challenge to work out in given how small and cramped the space is.
G) the pool would have been attractive 10 years ago..but with broken tiles and
being unevenly lit..it is functional but needs some simple fixes.
H) Room service is avoidable - bad and overpriced food. My expensive club
sandwich was apparently pre prepared during the day and substituting white
bread with brown was a challenge this "five star hotels" kitchen could not meet.
And it was only 9.30 pm when I ordered.
F) curtains are badly designed and the little slivers of bright sunlight are
conducive to early morning rising...which after major jet-lag was most annoying.
G) would be useful to have a working desk and chair as the small dining table
and very erect chairs do not allow for a comfortable working environment.
H) it appears that concierge and reception are one and the same -- prompting
waits for service.
Overall...if you want space and a good location and are willing to compromise on
the above then stay here. This is a four star but ratings aside this hotel is
not conducive to a business visitors needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quay West Suites Melbourne is a 5 star apartment style hotel overlooking the Yarra River. Offering a choice of one, two or three bedroom guest accommodation, the hotel is ideal for business travellers, family holidays or a romantic getaway. Quay West Suites Melbourne provides easy access to the CBD and local attractions such as Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens, Crown Casino, Southgate Arts & Leisure Precinct, Melbourne Aquarium, fashion boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Newly refurbished mineral salt pool, steam room and gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quay West Suites Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quay West Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Hotel Melbourne
- Quay West Melbourne