“Just perfect in every way”

Quay West Suites Melbourne
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon, Australia
“Just perfect in every way”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

From check in to check out the service, staff and rooms were 10/10. Fantastic fast check in, reasonable valet parking rates at $30 per night and lovely spacious rooms - what more does a small family of 3 need. Our 1 bedroom apartment on level 10 overlooked the Herald Sun buildings, which was fine as we didn't need a view. The rooms were clean and lovely having full kitchen, dining and living perfect for a small family. The bed was perfect and was one of the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. Room service was efficient and restaurant quality, perfect when you have a tired toddler who won't sit quietly in a restaurant. The kids menu was the best quality I have come across. Checkout was fast and the car was ready and waiting. Can't wait for our next visit.

Stayed April 2014
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne. I am so pleased you thought it was perfect!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
grafton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Easter long weekend. Check in was quick and staff were lovely. We were on the 6th floor which was the bottom floor for accommodation and the moment we walked into the room there was an extremely strong smell of chlorine. We mentioned it to the staff as we were leaving for the afternoon and they did try to find us another room but understandably most rooms were taken. The reason for the smell is because we were right next to the indoor pool and spa. We turned off the air conditioner during our stay, opened the doors when home and this alleviated the problem somewhat. I suggest you pay more for a room on a higher floor if you can afford it!
Other than that, the suite was very roomy and comfortable and clean. I loved the separate shower and bath and being able to sit on a balcony.
The kitchen had everything you would need for a longer stay and the suite was so quiet, even though we were only a few metres from the bridge walk to Federation Square.

Room Tip: Choose a level above 6
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to know you had a wonderful stay with us. We note your comments regarding the pool smell in the suite, we are sorry that we could not move you over the weekend.
Warrnambool, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Where to start. Perfect location close to everything in Melb, friendly staff, great gym & pool facilities, awesome room and plan amazing views over the river. Stayed mid week and got a great deal with Lastminute.com, then on arrival I go a free upgrade. close to everything. Could not recommend this place more. I'll be staying at this place on all of my very irregularly Melbourne visits from now on. Thanks for a great stay guys.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JasonPushy
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Quay West Suites Melbourne- we are pleased you liked a great little place!
It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Cardassia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

What a great little hotel with a splendid location on the banks of Yarra in Souhtbank. It literally is within a stone throw of everything Melbourne City has to offer. But.... it's main asset is the staff. What a wonderful bunch of people they are, who seem to understand that the focus is, really, the customer. They all have a very relaxed and warm attitude towards their guests. I particularly enjoy how welcome are the children of all ages at this hotel. As a parent, it really makes the difference between what is a good holiday/break and a fantastic one.

Room Tip: Although a considerable premium, the high floor river-side rooms do offer really nice views of the c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WembleyTheFatCat
I was very pleased to learn that you found all our team at the Quay West to be friendly and professional. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone. Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm and thorough review of your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Pretty shocked to check in to a "5 star" establishment and when I ask the staff member at reception (James) how he was, got a "Meh".
I was telling my partner about how bad it was later on, and she didn't believe me. We thought maybe it was a slip of the tongue. In the morning we happened to get into the elevator with the same staff member and I asked how he was again... "Meh... I'm here on a Sunday". Wow. We just looked at each other in disbelief.
Anyway, rooms are ok, I'm just baffled at 1. Why James bothers turning up to work each day if he hates it so much there, and 2. Why he hasn't been told to go and work at a backpackers where the clientele would probably reply "Yeah it does suck to work on a Sunday!"

I was tossing up between the Langham and Quay West Suites as they were the same price for the time that I stayed... Was let down big time. Plenty of other places to stay around this area where you don't get staff responding to you like this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank 2Adam2
Jackie P, General Manager at Quay West Suites Melbourne, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your review, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that day and for that I sincerely apologise. It certainly is not in keeping with how we treat our guests. We urge you to contact us directly to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you.