“Wish we were still at The Como”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Wish we were still at The Como”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We had a family visit to the Como for just two nights recently. We absolutely loved it! Check in was a joy. We had the open plan spa suite which felt huge and luxurious - enough space for all of us with our 2 yr old in a porta cot in the study and our 6 yr old slept on the huge couch. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff: we borrowed a stroller for the whole visit and also umbrellas when we went out.

I don't normally notice one bed from another but the bed at The Como was so comfortable I thought I was sleeping on a cloud! Fantastic. They seemed to have a new room service menu and we tried it one night: it was delicious and piping hot, with lovely options for the kids- so impressive. Not like any room service I've had before.

Only negatives: no kids shows on the TV channels available. Also, we would have loved to have a jacuzzi at the pool area upstairs... Small things really.

We wish we could have stayed longer but we'll hopefully be back to The Como soon.

Stayed July 2014
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Stuffandthings
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am so thrilled you and your whole family enjoyed your stay with us and that there was enough room for you all. Our Open plan suites are very large and I am so pleased it suited your needs.
Thank you also for your feedback around the room service menu – so happy that it impressed.

I also appreciate your comments around the TV channels for the children and the Jacuzzi. Certainly something we will consider for future planning.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

The Como Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I thought I'd try the Como as I'm an Accor member and the reviews on Trip Advisor were very good.
1. Check in an the staff in general are excellent. They are all very friendly and the service they provide is first class.
2. The rooms are HUGE!!! I don't know if they are all the same size but my room had a kitchenette and dining table and a lounge area. The decor is modern and very comfortable.
3. The bed!!!! I didn't wake up until 8:15am and I never sleep that long. It was so comfortable and I loved the pillows.
4. Bathroom, again Huge!!! Separate shower and a nice big spa bath.
I didn't eat in the restaurant so I cant comment on that. I did have a couple of drinks in the So Bar and that was pretty good.
I think this is now going to be my favourite Hotel if I don't have to stay in the CBD
I had a room facing Chapel st and it was very quiet. could hardly hear any street noise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Garyjwills
Dear Garyjwills
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt looked after. We love the size of our rooms and it is wonderful to read that you also did too.

I am also really pleased to read that you slept so well, a combination of a great bed, pillows and fantastic black out curtains!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was probably my 8th stay with the COMO and consistently its great. The service is outstanding and the location is perfect for shopping, eating and getting around Melbourne.

I have already booked in my next trips, looking forward to getting back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 25 February 2015
Dear James D,
Many thanks for your online review. It is always our pleasure to welcome you again. I am so thrilled you enjoy our convenient South Yarra location and you always find the time to explore. I will certainly share your kind words with the whole team.
We look forward to your next visit!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After always being one to stay in the hearts centre of Melbourne we were initially enticed to stay at the Como for its more family friendly location of Chapel Street. Now I would not stay anywhere else. In terms of location, Chapel is still close enough to the city for city visits (short tram, train or taxi ride) but has its own charm and über cool character with shopping, restaurants, bars, cinemas, markets and parks at your door step. It is close to Melbourne Park, Hisense Arena, the MCG, Albert Park, Caufield Racecourse and the trendy St Kilda DIstrict.

Now for the Como. You are greeted by friendly staff who are 100% attentive and professional. The reception itself is modern and fresh in design. This theme continues through to the guest rooms. No details have been spared with luxurious beds, linen, bath robes, morrissey toiletries and a huge marble bathroom complete with Spa Bath. You can even contact reception and have a bubble bath complete with bath salts, candles and champagne drawn for you at a small cost. Another cute touch and tradition of the Como are the aqua coloured rubber duckies left in your bathroom with a take me home note around their necks. Our 2yo son loved this and still plays with it in his bath at home. Housekeeping was fantastic and the rooms and hotel were always presented immaculately.

Facilities at the hotel are generous - a wine bar offering drinks and canapés, a roof top pool with sunlounges and an outdoor terrace, a well appointed gym and sauna. Breakfast is on offer in the brasseries each morning with al a carte options or full buffet. The room service menu is also extensive and a decent option after a busy day out on your feet when you just want to stay in and relax.

The hotel offers various room types at what I believe is a great price point for the space and luxury you receive. Great place for families with two bedroom suite option. I will never stay anywhere else whilst in Melbourne again - the hotel and location is just perfect! I can be trendy whilst having my family in tow. See you soon Como!

Room Tip: Traveling with a baby? Request a deluxe spa suite on a corner - rooms labelled 101, 201, 301 etc. Th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jess P
Dear Jess P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful online review. It is so lovely to read your stay with us was so enjoyable that it is now your number one choice when staying in Melbourne. We love our great South Yarra location and I am so pleased to read to do too! I am also so thrilled your experience was relaxing and great fun for the whole family.
We look forward to welcoming you again so your son can collect another Como duck to play with in the bath.