“Not Long Enough!”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Not Long Enough!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at The Como and I was pleasently impressed. The pictures online do not do this hotel any justice! The hotel is in a great location and the service is great!

The welcome from the gentleman who checked me in was friendly, polite an professional exactly what you would expect from a hospitality professional.

My room was stylishly appointed from the sheer curtains, court yard gardens,beautiful amenities & amazing bath. no detail was skipped. The team here have opperating a luxuary boutique hotel down to a fine art.

All staff I intereracted with incluing F&B staff were friendly and professional.

I look forward to many more return trips to the Como.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Luke G
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled to read you were so comfortable in one of our unique Japanese garden rooms and that the service you received was welcoming. We strive to ensure we deliver a level of service that makes all our guests feel completely at home.

I am also pleased to read that you appreciated the style of the property and all our amenities.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

The Como Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've Stayed At The Como before And Always Enjoyed It, But The Prices Were Getting Out Of My Budget. However With Their Winter Special I Was able To Return. The accommodation Is Stunning, Spotlessly Clean And Very Well Appointed, The Breakfast Which Was Included In The Rate Was Outstanding. The Staff Friendly, Professional And Welcoming. Also A Very Nice Touch When I Collected My Car From Valet, There Was Complimentary Water Placed In My Car. I Hope To Return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth2859
Dear Elizabeth2859
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled you were able to join us again and that you enjoyed so much. Thank you for your comments around the cleanliness of your room and also breakfast.

We love looking after our guests and are so pleased you appreciated the little touches like the water in your car on departure.

We do hope to see you again soon,

brisbane
Reviewed 13 July 2014

loved my time at the como, shopping on chapel street is great - a bit out of cbd for business but easy cab ride, super cafes and restaurants nearby - huge room and bathroom lovely - will stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank flamelily_12
Dear flamelily_12
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and the surrounding area. We agree South Yarra has so much to offer and is so close to the CBD by all forms of transport!

We really look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Cool pool! I wish to have indoor pool like in the como, staying there is very comfy. my room is very clean and love the minimalist decoration. i will be back for my third visit in Melbourne and wish to get an upgrade room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Stella_MYWL

Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled you loved our indoor pool and that you felt so comfortable and looked after whilst in our hotel.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future for your third stay!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We had a family visit to the Como for just two nights recently. We absolutely loved it! Check in was a joy. We had the open plan spa suite which felt huge and luxurious - enough space for all of us with our 2 yr old in a porta cot in the study and our 6 yr old slept on the huge couch. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff: we borrowed a stroller for the whole visit and also umbrellas when we went out.

I don't normally notice one bed from another but the bed at The Como was so comfortable I thought I was sleeping on a cloud! Fantastic. They seemed to have a new room service menu and we tried it one night: it was delicious and piping hot, with lovely options for the kids- so impressive. Not like any room service I've had before.

Only negatives: no kids shows on the TV channels available. Also, we would have loved to have a jacuzzi at the pool area upstairs... Small things really.

We wish we could have stayed longer but we'll hopefully be back to The Como soon.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Stuffandthings
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am so thrilled you and your whole family enjoyed your stay with us and that there was enough room for you all. Our Open plan suites are very large and I am so pleased it suited your needs.
Thank you also for your feedback around the room service menu – so happy that it impressed.

I also appreciate your comments around the TV channels for the children and the Jacuzzi. Certainly something we will consider for future planning.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I thought I'd try the Como as I'm an Accor member and the reviews on Trip Advisor were very good.
1. Check in an the staff in general are excellent. They are all very friendly and the service they provide is first class.
2. The rooms are HUGE!!! I don't know if they are all the same size but my room had a kitchenette and dining table and a lounge area. The decor is modern and very comfortable.
3. The bed!!!! I didn't wake up until 8:15am and I never sleep that long. It was so comfortable and I loved the pillows.
4. Bathroom, again Huge!!! Separate shower and a nice big spa bath.
I didn't eat in the restaurant so I cant comment on that. I did have a couple of drinks in the So Bar and that was pretty good.
I think this is now going to be my favourite Hotel if I don't have to stay in the CBD
I had a room facing Chapel st and it was very quiet. could hardly hear any street noise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Garyjwills
Dear Garyjwills
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt looked after. We love the size of our rooms and it is wonderful to read that you also did too.

I am also really pleased to read that you slept so well, a combination of a great bed, pillows and fantastic black out curtains!