“Best bath ever!”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fantastic service, valet parking with car available at any time brought to the front door and then parked for you when you return. Huge room with with great view over the central courtyard - about the size of a football oval! Luxurious bathroom with the biggest bath, complete with cute little blue rubber duckie to share your bath with you. Take your bath salts, candles, etc to enjoy the experience, or order from the bath menu!!! Complementary bottled water, T2 teabags including herbals. Close to the wonders of Chappel Street - shopping, restaurants, trams, parks. Could not fault it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Dear Robynguy,
Many thanks for your online review. I am so thrilled your stay was enjoyable and you were able to take full advantage of our South Yarra location. We love our large Japanese baths, ducks and bath menu - I am delighted you think so too! I am so pleased to be able to pass on such great feedback to our whole team.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Como Melbourne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I fairly frequently stay at The Como for work and always enjoy my stay. Some of the suites are HUGE! Rooms are modern with comfortable beds and look great. Valet parking is awesome with staff providing a bottle of water in your car when you pick it up. It's a beautiful touch and really welcomed as I have a long drive home.

Bathroom amenities are the best in any hotel in melbourne. Peter Morrisey products are used which are non animal tested and cruelty free which is very important to me. Even your toothbrush is supplied.

My only issue is the air con. For some reason I can never set it correctly and the room ends up very warm. I don't know what I'm doing with it however it makes for some warm nights in the room. Probably an easy fix I'm sure.

Also, The Como.......please start offering some vegan options. Even at breakfast. You would be one of the first hotels in Melbourne to do this and it would be super popular with travellers. Google Wynn resorts to see what they offer.

I will be back :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear xmissymissyx
Many thanks for posting your insightful online review.
We really appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experiences whilst staying with us. We are thrilled you enjoy our amenities and the water in your car on the way home!
The next time you are with us, please make mention of the issue you had with your air con so we ensure to set the correct temperature for your comfort.
Thank you for the suggestion around the vegan options – definitely one we will look into with more detail. If there is something specific you would like which is not on the menu, please let us know – if we can do it we most certainly will.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights at The Como in an Open Plan Spa Suite over the weekend. The check in and facilities were perfect. Loved the spa bath, toiletries and take home duck. The room was wonderfully spacious, spotlessly clean and included a small kitchen area with a well stocked minibar a lounge area plus an outside balcony for fresh air when required. The swimming pool on the 7th floor was a perfect start to the day. The hotel provided an excellent breakfast and lovely wines and tapas in the cosy reception bar. The hotel is ideally located for access to good cafes and restaurants, upmarket shops and easy tram access to the city. The bed was superb with wonderful pillows. Fox TV allowed me to watch the live rugby in comfort and cheer the NSW Waratas to victory after a social and pleasant evening in the reception bar. This was a very energising weekend and very memorable. Would definitely return for more of the same therapy. Well done The Como.

Room Tip: Go for a spa suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pillip P
Many thanks for posting your online review.
We are so thrilled you enjoyed your weekend with us and that you left us feeling relaxed and energised.
It is fantastic to read you were able to utilise all the facilities and amenities of the hotel – thank you for spending your precious time with us.
I hope our little blue duck has found a new home with you and that he reminds you to join us again soon.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at The Como for three nights this week. The room was nice and clean. I wasn't happy with the housekeeping because they haven't put a new shower cap (and have thrown the old one) and a tissue box too :(
We thought that the heater wasn't working but actually was, only on medium air, low or high not! Thanks, explain to the guests next time ...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KikaPS
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am so sorry that the housekeeper did not replace your amenities – certainly not the standard we expect here and I have addressed with the person concerned along with the whole housekeeping team.

I also apologise that the heating system was not explained to you – an oversite that I hope did not make you uncomfortable.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ComoMel, General Manager at The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at The Como in June and found the Hotel a real surprise. The check in was professional, the rooms are very large and modern and the spa bath was perfect. The take home bath duck is a nice touch.

This Hotel is in an excellent location close to many great restaurants, shopping and cafes. Quite good value for money I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kyliemac79
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled to read we surprised you! I hope our little duck has found a home in your house and he reminds you to come visit us again soon.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at The Como and I was pleasently impressed. The pictures online do not do this hotel any justice! The hotel is in a great location and the service is great!

The welcome from the gentleman who checked me in was friendly, polite an professional exactly what you would expect from a hospitality professional.

My room was stylishly appointed from the sheer curtains, court yard gardens,beautiful amenities & amazing bath. no detail was skipped. The team here have opperating a luxuary boutique hotel down to a fine art.

All staff I intereracted with incluing F&B staff were friendly and professional.

I look forward to many more return trips to the Como.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Luke G
Many thanks for posting your online review. I am thrilled to read you were so comfortable in one of our unique Japanese garden rooms and that the service you received was welcoming. We strive to ensure we deliver a level of service that makes all our guests feel completely at home.

I am also pleased to read that you appreciated the style of the property and all our amenities.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

The Como Melbourne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Chapel Street
The Westin Melbourne
#13 of 161 in Melbourne
Park Hyatt Melbourne
#10 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!