“Very impressed”

The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 20 February 2011

A very slick and well-run hotel right in the centre of the South Yarra restaurant and cafe strip. The staff were largely extremely helpful and professional (except for the barman on the first night who was grumpy). The room was a good size, well-equipped and clean and the bed extremely comfortable. Two minor quibbles. Room-service food was left in the corridors for hours and the handrail for the step into our shower was dangeruously wobbly and wasn't fixed during our stay. Overall, though, a very positive experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 6 February 2011

The room we had was extremely spacious and well designed. I loved the bigTV on the swivel so you could watch in bed or on the lounge. The big marble bathroom with spa bath was lovely.

I still have my little white como duck ..........nice touch

The staff are exceptional, very friendly and knowledgeable

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We had a fantastic stay, the location is awesome, right in the heart of south yarra so shops and resturants were everywhere. it was a little bit hard to find (but, we had just driven 10 hours to get there so we were tired) however once we arrived the service was impecable. The room was impressive as soon as we walked opened the door. it was very spacious very new and clean. the bathroom was huge too and the bath tub was WOW!. there was even a comlementary rubber duck The bed broke while we were there :-) so the the wonderful staff upgraded us to their penthouse, which was 2 story, spiral staircase, full size spa and grand piano of course. we nicknamed it the Charlie sheen suite. overall, can't reccomend his hotel enough, it's where we will be next time we are in Melbourne.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Dirty room,dirty soiled doona room service asked why i looked in it,desk not friendly staff,complaints never been fixed

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kathyminnitidavis
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My room was clean and the bed was so comfortable I could have died happy there... the bathroom had ample space... it was just a really pleasant stay. The staff are excellent... I attended and helped co-ordinate a function there and the staff were really wonderful and helpful... I have no complaints. South Yarra is a great central place from which to enjoy Melbourne...I didn't pay for the room so that may have affected my opinion somewhat, I think the room was upwards of $400 per night but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I previously worked in the Como Centre (the building attached) and I really love this location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kylieroseonline
Reviewed 25 November 2010

My boyfriend and I headed down to Melbourne for a break in mid October. We stayed 3 nights at The Como Melbourne and were very impressed with the accommodation. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and we were even given a free upgrade.

The room itself was large and extremely comfortable. Everything was clean and clearly arranged with care. The bathroom had a gorgeous deep Japanese spa bath that was heaven and the bed was very comfortable. The location was great; we discovered some fantastic restaurants and cafes all within walking distance from our hotel and we were only a short tram/taxi ride away from the city.

We booked the room quite cheaply through Wotif and it was well worth it. I was a bit put off by some of the reviews I had read on tripadviser but we experienced nothing but comfort and class. I would definitely stay The Como Melbourne again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Well positioned in South Yarra. reception staff were friendly. Both our rooms were clean and well decorated however starting to show some age. The really frustrating part about the hotel is that between the ground foyer at street level and the lift foyer, you have to drag yourself and bags over approx 12 steps and there is no ramp. Would stay again for the price we paid. Small street level bar was good for a late night drink but relatively expensive. I would rate the hotel between 3.5 and 4 stars.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Chapel Street
Park Hyatt Melbourne
#10 of 161 in Melbourne
Central Business District
Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection

Been to The Como Melbourne - MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!