My husband & I booked a room for one night (20/4/13) as we were attending the football at the MCG & also a concert at Rod Laver Arena later that night. Booked online and stated that we required a 12 noon check-in. Arrived at 11.45 am & was told that our room would not be ready until 2.00 pm. Queried this & showed our booking info which clearly confirmed 12 noon. We voiced our disappointment at this & reception staff located another room for us on the 8th floor. Room was comfortable but dated & in need of an upgrade. Towels old & seen better days. Overall, OK for one night & very close to MCG & Rod Laver which suited us. Had dinner in restaurant & very reasonably priced - food quite nice. Breakfast the next morning was typical, continental style. Not the best we have experienced, but again, acceptable for an overnight stay if you don't want 5 star luxury. Only one sour note & certainly no fault of the hotel...we received a phone call from the hotel later that evening to say they had been robbed & all patrons credit card details had been stolen. Quick call to the bank to cancel cards was necessary :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the sporting and cultural hub of leafy East Melbourne opposite iconic sporting venue the Melbourne Cricket Ground and walking distance from the CBD, Mantra on Jolimont is the definitive crowd pleaser for guests who value convenience and comfort. Ideal for business and leisure travellers alike, Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne offers the ultimate in flexibility with studio and one bedroom apartments that can interconnect to provide comfortable two bedroom accommodation. Reflecting the Mantra hallmarks of offering stylish decor, quality service and great locations, Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne combines the benefits of hotel services with freedom and flexibility befitting a private city apartment. All one bedroom apartments include lounge and dining areas and fully equipped kitchens to provide the ideal home away from home, while studios and one bedroom apartments share a laundry with washing machine and dryer and feature 32" LCD TVs, in-house movies and tea and coffee-making facilities. Guests of Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne enjoy fabulous services including 24-hour reception, room service, wireless internet access, babysitting, daily room servicing, car parking ( fee apply and spaces are subject to availability upon arrival)and foreign currency exchange. Guests can also splash out in the outdoor heated swimming pool, work out in the new fully equipped gymnasium or dine in the on-site restaurant which serves modern Australian cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. From Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne guests are located close to some of the city's major sporting, entertainment and tourist attractions. The MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park and the Fitzroy Gardens are on the hotel's doorstep while Federation Square, National Art Gallery, World Trade Centre and Crown Casino are also within easy reach. Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne is a full non-smoking hotel. Car parking is an additional cost and is subject to availablity, not guaranteed. **Extremely limited car parking is available on site at Mantra on Jolimont at a cost of $25 per vehicle, per day. Spaces are subject to availability on a first come, first served basis and cannot be guaranteed under any circumstances. Your car may be moved to an off-site location when parking with us. Alternative self-parking options are available within a 10 minute walk from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra on Jolimont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Jolimont Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Jolimont East Melbourne