“great for city and all attractions”

City Edge Apartment Hotel East Melbourne - Albert
Ranked #115 of 132 Speciality Lodging in Melbourne
Cairns, Australia
“great for city and all attractions”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

was worried when read other reviews but the tribeca city edge on albert st is perfect for a short stay
Helpful staff at reception across the road. A little confusing which reception to go to. Only minor down side is the shower which floods the whole bathroom floor after one person. IGA in tribeca lane very good as well as pizza restaurant

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CityEdgeManager, Guest Relations Manager at City Edge Apartment Hotel East Melbourne - Albert, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stays with City Edge - Tribeca.

We at City Edge endevour to provide quality experience to informed travelers at the right price. every review/feedback posted (Positive or negative) onto websites are taken into consideration as through feedback like yours and other valued guests, we are able to better ourselves in every service we provide.

We thank you for your custom and look forward to welcome you back to City Edge Apartments.

Should you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300-248-933 or email us on info@cityedge.com.au

Kind Regards,
Boris Dias
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Gipps street building for the Boxing Day test. Upon arrival, I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone because they had lost my reservation. Once this was resolved, we got to our apartment to find that it hadn't been made up from the last guests. The beds hadn't been made up, there were used towels on the bathroom floor and dirty dishes on the kitchen. We were moved to a new apartment but as I state in the title, these apartments look nothing like the gallery of pictures do on the website. They are old, very basic and not that nice. I would never stay here again, given they weren't overly cheap.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
21 Thank Matt_johnson86

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Was in Melbourne for a business trip. The apartment was a bit aged and a bit dull, but everything was clean and in working order. Could do with a painting or two on the walls, but I shouldn't really complain for the price. Good sound insulation, slept pretty well. Shower is a tad on the short side. No lifts at the Gipps St apartments so be prepared to carry your bags up stairs.

5-10 min walk to the 7/11 and a couple of different tram lines , but after that it's only a 5-10 min tram ride into the city, or a pretty cheap cab.

Overall, cheap stay that had everything I needed. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

If you're used to 5 star serviced apartments then this won't be for you. But for the price I found the apartment to be clean, tidy, enough linen and other supplies. I stayed in the CIty Edge at 92 Albert St opp Powlett Reserve.

I had an apartment on the top floor (of 3 levels), the bedroom was on the main road and if you're a light sleeper and you have the window open in summer it might be noisy, but it was fine for me with the window closed. Bed was comfortable and I slept really well.

Facilities in the lounge and kitchen were all good, bizarrely there was a single bed in the lounge, guess that's for the families. TV reception was good and all the digital channels were available (no Foxtel). More than enough pots, pans, cutlery, glasses and crockery, no dishwasher but not really a problem if you're travelling solo.

The location is obviously not right in the CBD but it is close to trams and only about a 15 min walk to the city. It is close to a supermarket and bottle shop which is important when you're self catering. Skybus will also drop you off in their free shuttle.

I didn't have to deal with the staff much but they were pleasant enough when I picked up and dropped off the keys.

My only complaints would be:

- poor water pressure in shower
- bathrooms definitely need updating
- airconditioning/heating only in lounge but if you left the bedroom door open it would heat/cool that room too
- fridge seemed to be a little temperamental
- there's a charge for a late checkout, even if it's an hour!
- charge for wi-fi, I just used my phone as a wi-fi hotspot

Room Tip: Top floor and if you want to be away from the main road ask for apartments at the back of the buildi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Would never stay here again!
I arrived with my 18mth old son at 8.30pm check in & was told to go to a different location, put my son back in the car, went to where they told me to go & couldn't find it! I then called them...furious, to be told I was in the wrong place & couldn't enter via the back entrance (where I was told to originally) found the right place, got my son & everything out of the car, lugged it to the front door to find that my key did not fit! Rang again even more furious (standing on a Main Street at night with my son) the guy said that he was going to come & let me in, hang up then rang again hoping to get someone else when the same guy answered the phone and then proceeded to tell me I needed to enter via the back door! U would think after them asking me at check in "is this ur 1st time here" that they would give me all information necessary especially arriving late at night with a child!
We then got in the door and it stunk of cigarette smoke, totally not happy. Walked up however many flights of stairs to the top floor...picture this, me carrying a backpack, shoulder bag, big over night bag, small back pack(my sons) and a porta cot & mattress, then my poor son having to walk up all those stairs, was not happy at all! Where's the lift like in the photos? And the rest of the photos on the website are nothing like the apartment...disappointed is an understatement!
Will see how I go in the morning with getting my money back!!! Fat chance!!!

Stayed November 2013
37 Thank KatieNbrae
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The lady at the reception was rude. While we were deciding if we want to pay for a late checkout the staff rudely told us that she "has to get back to work"! Aren't we the guests her work? Besides checking us in and out, what are her main duties? Cannot do early checking and late check out. Checkout is at 10am. As our flight was only at 7pm, we requested for a late check out much earlier, at the time of booking but was told that we needed to pay $30 per hr. There was also not enough toilet rolls and the cleaning crew only came once throughout our 9 days stay. Will not return!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank BedokBear
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed on then Third floor at Gipps Street Apartments, this is an outstanding location, close to trams and the city, a very nice clean and comfortable unit. Off street parking. You could see the MCG from the bathroom window. - We were traveling with 4 kids and the apartment was excellent value and perfect for us.
We will be using City Edge again when we go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family