“Amazing visit to this undescribible Hotel”
Review of The Hotel Windsor

The Hotel Windsor
Ranked #29 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My mum was visiting from Ireland and I thought it would be a lovely surprise to treat her to a couple of nights staying in the Windsor. All I can say is 'wow!'
From the moment that Russell the concierge opened the car door for my mum, and welcomed us, we felt that we were royalty!
It is an amazing up market hotel. You are treated as though you are someone special, without feeling that they are being pretentious.
It was fun to look out at the busy street at Parliment House. We saw beautiful bridal parties being photographed and had fun catching the free Melbourne city tram outside. We enjoyed a spectacular dinner in the grand ballroom and had fun reading about the Hotel's colourful visitors.We ordered breakfast in our room and were absolutely thrilled to have the breakfast table wheeled into our room.
This Hotel has a great atmosphere and I could practically feel the history as I walked through its corridors. I don't think I could ever stay anywhere but the Windsor again, when I visit the city.
Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nick M, Rooms Division Manager at The Hotel Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Moira H,

Thank you for choosing The Hotel Windsor as your home whilst in Melbourne but more importantly thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

It is so important to us to hear what our guests think of both our hotel and it's service and I can assure you that your comments have been forwarded onto our team members and to David Perry our Chief Executive Officer.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of your company once more and until then we do, as always remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Windsor is so much part of Melbourne's history, it was a joy to stay there. I have previously dined there but not stayed. My room was very comfortable and the soaps etc. are high quality.

The beery smell from The Cricketers' Arms does permeate the lobby area a little.

Dear Charlotte B,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is great anf the decor beautiful. The only problem was the loud rumbling noise which woke us at 8am and continued at intervals until check out. The front desk didn't seem to know what was causing it but it was disturbing. Would be nice to know as we would like to stay again but need a room in a different part of the hotel not subject to this noise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear forestroses,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

very good stay, good value, BUT unhappy with billing upon check out - was told upon check out the "hold" on my credit card would be released.................still waiting!!! please don't ask me to have to ring my bank, because they tell me it is you not them !!!!
I wish I had NOT paid with card and used cash......I have rung Windsor twice........2nd time because no one returned my call....spoke to CEO.....David Perry, he explained the situation and was very apologetic............but I am still not impressed !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The feel of the windsor is luxurious. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the windsor and are sure to return to stay another day. She loved the robes, I love the ambiance of the rooms and the reception, particularly the beautiful staircase.

Dear Moira C,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were under the impression the Windsor had been upgraded & were disappointed to be in a very dated room with a very ordinary outlook at another building. Our friends had told us they had a lovely room with a great view? we will go back to the hotels we have stayed at before.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jenbo200,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The service and food are good but because of being woken up by heavy footsteps on wooden floors at night I would not stay here again. We had room service once for dinner and once for breakfast. The dinner menu offered a nice choice and we were able to choose something appealing. The food was very good and nicely presented. The dinner took about an hour to arrive. Breakfast was delivered at the requested time and again was tasty. Prices were reasonable for the room service meals. Movie hire was expensive so we didn't use that service. The staff were attentive and polite. The doorman was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014