“Wonderful!”

The Hotel Windsor
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights with a friend. We thought the hotel was absolutely lovely. It was close to transport, especially as it was right next to Parliament station. It was close to theatres (the purpose of our visit) and the CBD. When we arrived, we realised our TV wasn't working but when we notified staff, the problem was quickly fixed. The concierge were also very helpful when my friend and I could not understand the transport! The only thing I would change would be that my room didn't have a lot of natural lighting, however that is only a small issue. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Nick M, Rooms Division Manager at The Hotel Windsor, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Stephanie T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Windsor.

It is truly wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your initial problem with the television was quickly resolved.

We do hope that we may have the pleasure of your company when next in Melbourne and until then we do as always remain at your service.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Au
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was surprised at value of the room rate.
I found the staff to be very professional and courteous
The room we had was very nice comfortable and clean.
I would recommend the Windsor to my friends
The old world charm of the Windsor is very special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for such a lovely review of your most recent stay with us.

Please rest assured that I will be sharing your kind words with the team here at the hotel.

Once again thank you and until next time we do as always remain at your service.

Au
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My stay at the Hotel Windsor was outstanding. I was welcomed by wonderful staff from the time I arrived at the front step.to the time I departed to my taxi. The hotel and service provided was outstanding. Planning my next stop in Melbourne at the Hotel Windsor. I recommend this to my family and friends. .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan P,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, if was of course our pleasure to welcome you as a guest in our hotel.

Gawan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A good hotel, with cosy rooms and above-average service. Staff were attentive and friendly. The hot water pressure could have been better. Doesn't quite feel like a 5-star hotel, as the hotel is getting on a bit....and some things feel ever-so slightly stale, especially compared to somewhere like the Langham. The Windsor feels more like a 4.5 star hotel, but the location is excellent. (Please watch out for greedy taxi drivers who think that your staying at the Windsor is a good reason to over-charge your fare).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sam H,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service levels to be of the highest standard. We are currently in the planning stages of a renovation which will see our hotel rejuvenated, however until then we aim to provide the best service and a comfortable night's rest.

My apologies also if any of Melbourne's taxi divers wrongly over charged you during your stay and if notified we would of course follow process and report this to the authorities.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

Lyneham
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved my stay and your staff and the atmosphere of The Windsor was attentive and classic. I don't use the lift your staircase is too grand not to use it.

The curtains were grubby in my suite - the only negative BUT i will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kathryn Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. My sincerest apologies in regards to the curtains in your suite which I have today addressed with our Executive Housekeeper for immediate cleaning.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Service very good. Dinner average but breakfast very nice. We expected & wanted old fashioned room but got modernised room, poorly designed bathroom with little access to mirror for make-up purposes. Vanity basin & low hanging lights were in the way of mirror.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nick M, Rooms Division Manager at The Hotel Windsor, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear KenN_10,

Our sincerest apologies for your room allocation which was in one of our more modern rooms. We do have two which are redesigned however I have updated your details to ensure on any future stay you are allocated a more traditional room or suite.

In addition thank you for your feedback regarding both dinner and breakfast which I have passed onto our Restaurant Manager.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and until next time we do as always remain at your service.

Berwick
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed at The Windsor many times now and will continue to keep going back. I love the the feeling of old world grandeur as you walk through the building and are greeted by the courteous and attentive staff. I also love the fact that no rooms are exactly the same and I look forward to seeing what my room is like each time I stay there. The Windsor is also beautifully located with easy access to all that Melbourne has to offer. It is both affordable and gracious and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a unique experience when visiting Melbourne

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Helene W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and of course welcome back to The Windsor.

It is simply wonderful to hear that you enjoyed this and so many other stays with us and we hope that we may have the pleasure of your company for many years to come.

Until next time we do as always remain at your service.