“Deluxe Villa - Oppulance and class”

Crown Towers Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Deluxe Villa - Oppulance and class”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I had booked a night at Crown Towers for my wife and I as it was our anniversary. We wanted to experience a day/night around Crown Casino - where we used to frequent on dates early on in the relationship.

I had booked a Premier Suite, which at $960/night was certainly not cheap, but we were pleasantly surprised upon checking in however as the manager informed us we had been upgraded to a Deluxe Villa. Wow! This is more of an apartment than it is a 'room'. There is a huge living area, dining room, bar, office area, bedroom, bathroom with walk-in dual shower, spa, walk in wardrobe etc.

With this in mind you'd be inclined to simply stay in the Villa and not go anywhere, which of course you can with it's incredible space and facilities, but you also have the surroundings of Crown for shopping, dining and of course gambling. The Villa does feel more suited to a high power business traveler (it has a fully functioning office area, dining area that is more like a boardroom, full bar area etc), but it does work very well as a romantic and classy getaway for two, particularly if you're planning to stay in the city for a few nights and want a full sized living space to settle down in.

An incredible and memorable experience, we were very pleased with the room (and of course the free upgrade to it!), the services, and the amount of entertainment on hand in the Crown complex itself.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank milchek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2011

In recent trip to Melbourne I stayed at the Crown Towers. The hotel was very clean, gave a feel of comfort and luxury. The staff and service was the top class. Cannot wait to stay there again. Thank you to all and compliments to the managements for the great stay I had. Very happy customer

Room Tip: I was very happy with my room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bernadette17
Sydney, NSW
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My partner suprised me with a weekend away to melbourne.
On arival, After a small mix up with our booking we placed in a king room overlooking the Yarra river.
Rooms were clean and morden with really nice comfy beds and pillows.
Buffett breakfast is excellent with a wide varity of hot and cold food but I guess you do pay for it.

Feel like a healthy snack,
a nice touch is the bowl of fresh apples on each floor as you exit the lift (elevator).

With a tram stop at the front door the city centre is only a few minutes away.
We found the staff helpful and able to solve the problems with the booking in a timely manner.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank hardyplankSydney_NSW
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our stay on another occasion and thought we would try this hotel again. We were greeted by a friendly and efficient reception staff member and as we were returning guests, we were treated to a room on the 19th floor with a stunning view of the CBD and the Yarra river. The room was spacious, large and very clean! The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the robes were soft and cuddly. There was a good selection of bathroom consumables and a welcome handmade boxed chocolate each. Current magazines were provided as well as a morning paper. I'd like to acknowledge the cleaning staff for their friendliness and happy smiles. We did not eat at the restaurants this time as we had made other arrangements. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view of the Yarra river & CBD.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I live just out of Melbourne, and this hotel has a lot of accolades so thought id give it a try.

I stayed in a tower suite on the 5th floor, on the south side, meaning views of a partially constructed building and a freeway (But i cant blame crown too much). The room itself was amazing, beautifully furnished and fit for a king. Beds for 4 Adults, 2 bathrooms, a WIR, 2 safes, 5 TV's, RC blinds/curtains and so many lights and switches.

Reception was very nice and provided a bottle of Sparkling as my room was not ready on time. As a result of my now late check-in the Valet parking was full, so after driving to the Metropol end multi-level carpark (free due to signature club), I had to carry my luggage through the food courts to my $2000.00 room, and back in the morning.

The conservatory buffet breakfast was a let down for the price, certainly not 5 star, but it was convenient being just downstairs. I do wonder if this place operates on the same Australian dollar I know, as im not there to empty my hard earned $'s into pokies.

Room Tip: Ask for North side with river views, the floor didn't seem important to me.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I travel to Melbourne on business every 8 weeks and have tried most if not all of the 5 star properties in Melbourne over the years. Crown Towers is still my absolute standout. I love everything about this hotel. The restaurants and service are fantastic especially Bistro Guillaume. The cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms are flawless. The gym is by far the best hotel gym in Melbourne. I have stayed on low and high floors and not had a problem with either though I do prefer the higher floors with a city view. The hotel do look after their loyal customers as there have been a few occasions when I have needed a room during special events ie. Australian Open, Melbourne Cup and Grand Prix at the last minute and they have managed to squeeze me in. The concierge is brilliant going above and beyond to assist with last minute tickets on a couple of occasions. This is my favourite large hotel in Australia by far!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
australia
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Thought the design on the room was excellent, well maintaned and large by usual Hotel
standards, unfortunately the service at Breakfast in the Conservatory Restaurant spoiled
the stay. Or should I say lack of service, there was none. The staff with the exception of
Andrea seem to hate their jobs and it showed on their faces. The person showing us
to our table was surly and began to argue with a staff member near our table. Nothing
was cleared from our table until we waved out. Standard of the buffet was poor squashed down the end of the Restaurant and nothing like up to scratch for a five star Hotel.
With the cost of breakfast being $78.16 for two ( a service charge added for using a
credit card) very poor value for money. We then flew out to Singapore Hotels, this Hotel could learn from the fabulous service we encounted in Singapore.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business