“amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Australia
“amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

An excellent weekend away. I travelled with my husband and son to melbourne for the long weekend, decided to stay at the Crown Towers, what an excellent choice! It is a great hotel, service is second to none, valet parking (felt very spoilt), very comfy rooms, gorgeous bathroom with built in TV over the bath (greatly enjoyed by my son who pretented to be James Bond with a glass of pepsi and a bucket of popcorn whilst in the bath!). The beds were extremely comfy and the view was awesome, with floor to celing windows and views of the river and the bay. There are lots of places to eat, we had buffet dinner at the Conservatory, which was very nice. The staff were very attentive. We would definetly come back and stay at the Crown Towers.

Room Tip: rooms higher up provide a better view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wangaratta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I recently stayed at the Crown with my 9 year old daughter for a girls weekend. The room was lovely, the bathroom was gorgeous. My daughter very much enjoyed her bubble bath whilst watching dedicated bathroom TV. We had a walk in robe that is ideal for keeping cases, shoes etc out of your sleeping area. I loved that the staff were not at all pompous (which can often be the case with 5 star hotels) and treated us well. Would have liked a little more info on the hotel on check in such as were the pool, spa gym etc were. The pool area is wonderful and probably one of the best hotel gyms that I have used. We did not visit the hotels restaurants however found the food court in the complex good for what we wanted. The hotel is in a great spot on the water.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My girlfriend & I are from Melbourne and wanted to have a little getaway over a long weekend. We had never stayed here before and decided to try it. It was in our opinion the best hotel in Melbourne - definitely gave us the R&R we needed!

Pros:
- Incredibly luxurious rooms. Spa bath, little TV above the bath, huge bed, blackout blinds, soft carpet, large TV, spacious, soft sheets. Cannot fault the rooms at all (although note this wasn't the 'standard' room). Both romantic and relaxing!
- Melbourne's top restaurants at your doorstep - Spice Temple is highly recommended! Also lots of luxury shopping and gaming for interstate visitors, but we weren't interested in this.
- Incredibly relaxing reading the newspaper with your loved one either on the sundeck or inside the pool/spa area. Complementary bottles of water were also much appreciated. Pool was nice and steam room was great. Gym was also incredibly clean, quiet and well-equipped.
- Very 'grand' experience!
- Breakfast room was shut down for renovations but we were given a voucher to have a buffet breakfast at one of the top restaurants in the complex. This was great! This was several months ago though and I assume the breakfast room is probably up and running again.

Cons:
- Tennis courts are available for quite a hefty fee. These should be available free of charge to guests.
- Pool area was nice but more of a young family rather than romantic getaway atmosphere. Lots of screaming kids jumping into the pool!
- Service was good but not amazing. Given the size of the hotel though this was to be expected. Check-in was almost 1/2 an hour in line.

NB: for international/interstate visitors, it's in a good location but not 'central' - it's about a 15min walk to the CBD. For Melbourne visitors, this is probably a good thing!

Overall though this was a truly amazing hotel. Highly recommended for a romantic Melbourne getaway - especially if you want to relax with your partner in your very romantic room or rejuvenate by the pool/spa/sundeck area with your loved one! Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tom929
Melbourne - Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in a newly refurnished Half Floor Presidential Villa located on one of the top floors of Crown Towers. In one word, the villa is enormous! though despite its size still felt like a elegant penthouse with gorgeous touches throughout including fresh flowers, plush cushions and a blend of marble and wood panels which creates the elegant homely feel. Well worth checking out, you will be impressed. Warrick Allen

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Enjoyed staying here for 2 nights in October with family. When we checked in our first room reeked of cigarettes so we were given another room immediately. Choice of restaurants within the complex made it pointless leaving the facility. We ate at the Conservatory on the first night and then at Emporio della pasta the second night. The refurbished Conservatory was fantastic and you always over indulge. Only complaint is the long wait at checking in. It was 3pm and there was not enough front desk staff to cater for the influx. Having said that they are always very pleasant to talk to.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northeast side enjoy a nicer view of the city
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at Crown Towers.

I was disappointed to read that you were allocated a smoking room on arrival and apologise for this misunderstanding.

Your comments relating to the busy front desk have been shared with the manager concerned. I suspect this may have been a weekend arrival when we often see everyone arriving at once, which is common to most city hotels over the weekend but obviously requires greater attention and resources on our part.

It was great to read that you found the staff pleasant and enjoyed the restaurants and wider Crown facilities.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Andrew Cairns
Crown Towers
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I love staying at the Crown - stayed in the crown towers in a suite. Checkin was quick and easy nothing amazing but all i care about is not having to wait in line and getting the room i paid for which i did. I booked over grandfinal weekend (without realising) and probably paid a bit more for it than normal but loved the whole weekend. Views over the yarra were amazing! And made me fall more in love with Melbourne. Room was spacious and clean. I always judge a 5* hotel on its bathroom which was brilliant. Was a little disappointed by the amenities (love taking home the cute shampoos!) but a tv in the bathroom was fantastic. Had room service a few times and it always arrived within 30mins (no matter that time of day). Breakfast was pricey but as expected and food was tasty and generous. I slept on the day beds at night as i was staying with a pregnant girlfriend who needed her own space and LOVED how comfortable they were. Slept like a baby and woke up to amazing views. Would stay again. Crown has a magical feel and we got to eat at some fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CherieClenick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

I booked 2 nights in the premiere suite where I could get ready for my wedding that morning, then come back with my new husband for a romantic wedding night. The room was lovely and bathroom was very impressive however, being a nervous bride, I checked whether Crown could facilitate parking for my florist, makeup artist and limo just for that morning. I guess I stupidly assumed that spending $400 a night, as well as all other overpriced expenses such as steam cleaning, room service and spa treatments, would allow some kind of leeway with parking on my most important day..... I was wrong and was charged $50 for my makeup artist to park for an hour and my limo driver was abused and told to drive around until I was outside! I was also charged $180 for express steam pressing of my wedding and flower girl dresses as I would have got my dresses back by 6pm on the day of my wedding if I hadn't. The last negative I have is that when I asked room service to make sure my room was cleaned before me and my new husband came back, I was disappointed to see that all they did was move our stuff into a corner and made the bed. Not the most romantic setting to come back to, with my make up, clothes and hair products thrown into the corner of the hallway..
Anyway, on the positive side, the location, amenities, food and bath tub is BRILLIANT! There's always something to do at Crown and the rooms are beautiful when properly cleaned.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jewelsowinner
MrAndrewCairns, General Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at Crown Towers.

Valet parking is charged at $50 per vehicle and we do offer self-parking options within the complex, should a guest choose to self-park, as many do.

I am sorry that your limousine driver was not able to wait indefinitely on the hotel drive although with many limousines moving on and off the drive every hour, we have to limit their waiting times with a limited space.

Our pricing for both dry cleaning and pressing are considered competitive among five star hotels although the handling of any items as an express service will incur a higher price as our laundry forms indicate.

I was very concerned to read your comments in regard to the room cleaning and have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Manager for investigation.

I was happy to see that you found the cleaning otherwise to be of a high quality and that you enjoy the amenities, bath tub, food and location, along with all the activities about Crown.

We hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,