“Excellent Luxurious Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Excellent Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

Upon arrival at Crown Towers you feel like a special guest. Everything about the hotel is luxurious. We celebrated my husbands 35th birthday in a Deluxe Room. The modern and elegant room featured a huge flat screen TV, King Size Bed and TV in the bathroom. The Chandeliers in the bathroom are impressive. The hotel offers smoking rooms that you need to request. Valet Parking is safe and prompt. Only 2 complaints. The pool although very extravagent and spacious, is not warm enough. After a short swim trying to warm up, we went into the 43 degree stream room to warm up. The Conservatory where we had breakfast is a wonderfully presented restaurant however it did not have a wide variety of breakfast options. I cannot justify the $37.50 per person. I would stay here again but next time would get room service for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travelagent555
JoshoMelbourne, Front Office Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 28 July 2009
Thank you to the author for your review.

I am pleased that you decided to celebrate your husband’s birthday with us. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your room and the facilities.
In relation to the pool temperature; we have it set at a constant 30-32 degrees. I apologise if this was not the case on your visit, I have informed the appropriate department manager to review. I have also informed our food and beverage department regarding the positive remarks regarding the breakfast presentation and also the feedback about the options available & cost.
We do appreciate your valuable comments, they are beneficial to the success of our operation. It allows the management the opportunity to review guests’ feedback and evaluate our organization’s performance from the perspective of our guests.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

I often stay in this Hotel and every time I absolutely love it! Great rooms, great service and beautiful pool and spa. Only place to stay in Melbourne if you like five star luxury!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank discovery2106
JoshoMelbourne, Front Office Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 27 July 2009
Thank you to the author for your review.
I am thrilled that as a regular guest you enjoy coming back to Crown. We pride ourselves on our sincere service and the facilities that we offer our guests – I am pleased that we are meeting your expectations.
We do look forward to your staying with us again.

Mackay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

We purchased our room [--]& got a great deal that included valet parking and the best buffet breakfast.
All I could say for the 1st hour was WOW, WOW and WOW!
The swish room had a window seat with amazing veiws and the most comfy hotel bed we have ever slept in and the bathroom, all marble and shiny chandlers and the icing on the cake was the LCD TV over the bath WOW!
We stayed for 5 days and can't wait to go back we could not fault one thing the staff was pleasant and extremly helpful and eveything was so clean and luxurious. I think this was first time i didn't want to go home, I still miss the nightly chocolate on my pillow!
Thanks to all the staff at the Crown Towers for the best hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lulu21Mackay
Thank you to the author for your review.
I am delighted that you experienced the “Wow” factor at our Hotel. Your comments are very complementary – I will ensure that our staff are thanked and informed of your review.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to us in the not so distant future.

Thank you again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

My friends and I were so lucky to spend a night in a villa of this hotel. We are Melbourne locals so we weren't really interested in going out or seeing sights, however the hotel is in a fantastic location with everything you would need at it's doorstep. All that we wanted from this short stay was a relaxing time in a luxurious space.
Aside from the villa being spacious, with incredible decor - the pool, sauna and rooftop tennis courts were also great, providing an afternoon of fun in style.
Crown Towers provided us with everything we wanted and more! I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank RJC99
JoshoMelbourne, Front Office Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 4 July 2009
Thank you to the author for your review. It’s very nice to hear that we can not only entertain our interstate/international friends, but also our local patrons. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time. I have informed our team in the pool & gym regarding your pleasing comments.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, when you need another relaxing break away.

Tamworth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

When you stay at the Crown Towers in Melbourne is pays to look up. The light fixtures are completely over the top.
I suppose it's expected in a complex that includes a bells and whistles casino and, (although I don't gamble and can't see the attraction unless you're a moth drawn to lots of bright lights), this den of financial iniquity is worth a wander through just to gawk at the gamblers. They're an entertaining and diverse bunch.
But I stayed here for the fact that this is a great hotel in a convenient location. The service is outstanding and the rooms are sleek opulence. It's pricy (go to wotif for the best deals) but then you always get what you pay for and at this hotel you get the best of everything.
Another plus is the food court downstair which has reasonably priced fare from every corner of the globe. If you want something else a bit nice, there's a fistful of shiny restaurants to choose from including Rockpool. Melbourne's Southbank is a short stroll away as is Flinder's Street Station and the National Gallery of Victoria.
Other points worth noting about the towers is it's extensive use of marble and the exploding towers which puff fire a couple of times each night. It's flash and sparkly all the way.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank roserandom
Thank you to the author for your review. I am extremely glad that your enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments are very complimentary especially towards the service you received; I look forward to sharing this with our teams.
Thank you also for taking the time to post your photographs of our hotel rooms and amenities!
We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

Love it here.
you dont really need to go anywhere while you are in Melbourne. The crown has it all. Great rooms, great pool. very very nice
Got a free night with rewards points on visa card.
Will be back

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
JoshoMelbourne, Front Office Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 19 June 2009
Thank you to the author for your review.
Crown does pride itself on being able to provide a large range of options all within the same complex, with a high focus on our customer service and attention to detail.
Once again thank you for your positive review and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Crown in the near future.

Kind Regards
ACT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

I took my partner there for his 30th & we had an awesome time, there's so much to do, we never were looking for things to do, love the location, it was fantastic!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — cost of suite
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
JoshoMelbourne, Front Office Manager at Crown Towers Melbourne, responded to this review, 2 June 2009
Thank you to the Author for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased that your partners 30th birthday lived up to your expectations. I will pass on your positive comments to our Crystal Club in relations to their canapés and drink service.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Towers in the not too distant future.