“Clean, great central location and affordable”
Review of Jasper Hotel

Jasper Hotel
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Down Under
“Clean, great central location and affordable”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Friendly service and comfortable stay, would recommend for a short stay in Melbourne. Trams do run on Elizabeth St early morn so there is the noise factor but nothing that is overly disturbing and to be expected from such a central location. Right next door to Queen Vic Markets - which is awesome. Great deal with renovation package as construction taking place when you're out and about in the day anyway!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Doug S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to review the Jasper Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the hotel’s central location.
I agree the renovation special is a bargain and I’m happy the renovations didn’t impact on your stay.

We hope you choose Jasper Hotel again on your next trip to Melbourne.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Warrnambool, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I recently stayed here at the Jasper Hotel and was very happy with my stay. Whilst there were reno's happening this did not disrupt our stay. Our room was clean, adequate space and quite comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Therese,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Jasper Hotel.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the renovations didn’t impact you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Melbourne.
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Room very small. Could touch walls from end of bed. No hot water when checked in! Had luke warm water an hr later and was assured would be perfect in morning. Icy cold in morning!!! Had to go to a different room on a different floor just to shower!!! Seriously!!! Appalling!!!

6 Thank harobed66
Dear Guest,

First of all please let me take this opportunity to apologise for your less than perfect stay with us; as this is not the experience we want for our guests.

Unfortunately the upgrade works that were conducted during your stay experienced unforseen complications which led to little to no hot water.
Whilst I do fully understand on a cold morning the last thing that wish to experience is a cold shower in your hotel room and once bought to the hotels attention we contacted the plumbing contractor immediately to rectify the situation.
I can ensure that with the renovations close to completion we do not anticipate any more hot water service interruptions.

We hope that you give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next stay in Melbourne.
west aus
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in Aug 2014. Whislt the hotel was undergoing maintenace , we we advise beforehand, and given option to book elsewhere or be compensated.. The location was good , Tram trip to MCG , Longish walk or short tram to Etihad, , Short walk to Dracula"s theater,lots of food outlets on the same block, So yes very convienient location.
Staff were alway very helpfull and friendly. Noise from the constuction a non event , they were always finished but time we returned.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the great experience that you had most recently with us at the Jasper. It’s also great to know that the hotel had all your needs covered in Melbourne in terms of location and services. Best of all is that the team were also able to help you throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back post renovation so that you can enjoy the newly renovated Hotel.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I understand renovations are taking place and we were advised the working hours were between 8-5, so we were happy, thinking the noises/construction won't effect us.. How we were wrong! Our room was next to the broken elevator and we were rudely disrupted by hammering and banging at 5:30am. Not only was this frustrating, but the standard of cleaning in our room was utterly disgusting. There was thick dust build up on every surface, the bed was bearly made (as in flat sheet was put on mattress, not even tucked in), the tv required a degree to turn on and the overall state of the room itself was of poor quality. I've stayed in hostels for $25 a night that were cleaner! And then there was one staff member, now don't get me wrong, the others were absolutely brilliant, but this one staff member was such a rude, disrespectful so and so. Overall, I wouldn't even send my worst enemy there, let alone endure another moment at this hotel. If I could give it 0 stars, I would!

2 Thank AshleyLaver
Dear Ashley,

We are pleased you took the time to share your experience of the Jasper Hotel with fellow travellers.

I do sympathise with you and acknowledge that the hotel’s renovation noise levels and appearance is not ideal for some travellers.
To reduce the renovations impact on our guest’s we imposed restricted hours for construction to 8am – 5pm weekdays and 10am – 5pm weekends. It is unfortunate that the City of Melbourne do not adhere to our hours of operation and are not as courteous with the impact of noise as we are.

I do hope that on your next visit to Melbourne you consider staying with us again as I would be delighted to share with you the hotel post renovations.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a building site. Honestly this place should close down while this construction is going on. They may not allow work during certain hours but the pkace over the road doesn't subscribe to such rules. Bed was terrible. Had a terrible night sleep and the room was obviously one of the rooms yet to be completed with holes in the carpet. Tv the size of a shoebox and very thin walls. Take it from me. It isn't the greatest feature. Means you dont need adjoining rooms cause you can hear quite well thru the walls. Trust me avoid this place unless you are planning on getting very little sleep. Backpackers would be a better option for the next few months.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nathan Y
Doug S, Front Office Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Jasper Hotel on TripAdvisor and sharing your personal experience of the hotel with fellow travellers.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again apologise on behalf of Jasper Hotel for any inconveniences caused during your stay as i did during our phone conversation.
Feel free to contact me directly if you were not satisfied with our outcome.

Once again I do sympathise with you and acknowledge that the hotel’s renovation upgrades, noise and appearance of a constructions site is not ideal for some travellers we have taken all measures to ensure our guests are aware of the renovations prior to arriving at the hotel. Whether our guest’s book direct with us or through an online site. We also contacted all pre-existing bookings notifying guests of the works, where possible.
The hotel also imposed restricted hours of construction to business hours 8am – 5pm weekdays and 10am – 5pm weekends to limit the impact on our guests unfortunately the City of Melbourne do not adhere to our hours of operation and are not as courteous with the impact of noise as we are.
We do offer ear plugs for those travellers who wish to sleep-in however I do find it strange that most of our guests take the earplugs on departure.

Sydney
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I went to Melbourne because I had an exam there.
I stayed in Jaspar Hotel.
It is a very fantastic place, it is near to everything in the city.
The price is very good
And the best thing is the staff , they are very kind and polite.
Definety i will repeat this experience

• Stayed August 2014
Doug S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jasper Hotel. Your comments inspire us to see opportunities to serve you better, through innovation resulting in a quality outcome.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Jasper Hotel and you were consistently happy with the hotel features and facilities and our fantastic staff.

Once again I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.