“Vast improvement”

Myer
Ranked #101 of 398 things to do in Melbourne
“Vast improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been to city store for years and was pleasantly surprised at makeover and transformation. Even the store service from staff was a massive improvement. It's still not as good as David jones, but, it's a big step forward and closing the gap. The shopping experience there now, is worth a visit or re visit.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Such a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a tourist I was so looking forward to visiting Myer but it was such a disappointment. The toilets were disgusting and the sign wasn't even pointing in the right direction. I asked where the petite section was and the staff member thought it was in the basement but wasn't sure and when I got there the section was for teenagers which certainly wasn't appropriate for a 50 something woman. Won't be going back there again

Visited May 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

the opening hours are 9-7 and at 5.30 pm one of the staff was counting money to close the register, another one said she needs to go home and she closing her register and then the third one said i wont get the discount and i need to go to the register where the i have got the top from
so i had to wait for 20 min just to pay one item and there was a massive queue
also before that i had to wait for 20 min to try the top
the number of fitting rooms is shocking!

Visited May 2014
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Catch or hold your breath at Myer CBD?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I like the redeveloped Myer store at Melbourne CBD. The store has a great feel to it with the atrium that gives you a sense of space and the cafés where you can sit and 'catch your breath' before you are 'all shopped out'...but not this time as you should 'hold your breath'!

When I walked into the designer section I was asking myself whether there was something wrong with my sense of smell, the air-condition or if it was just time to quit shopping and catch your breath at the cafe...

I was slightly confused by the style of the decoration as I was unsure what to make of the rubbish wheelie bin in the middle of the designer clothing...Was it a (revolutionary) statement as to what to think about the current season's style? The price tags?

Seriously...until I did put two and two together and noticed that the smelly culprit was a wheelie bin and it was time for me to hold my breath and leave Myers for this time.

As it was over the long Easter weekend, maybe the Easter bunny has hidden the entrance to the maintenance corridors which are usually used for this type of things...I hope they do find the entrance again....!

Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Swanky place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Visited the Myer Christmas windows on the 23rd December, we waited for an hour. Can I say it was well worth it? Maybe. After the windows, we visited Santaland and my child enjoyed the Santaland Express, a little train which is free. He enjoyed it. Overall, it is a swanky department store, with three cafés, the Emporium, which is lovely, Brunetti and Jasper coffee. Kids clothes are reasonably priced if there is a sale on and there lots of nicknacks, Xmas gift ideas next to Santaland. Worth a visit I f you're a tourist.

Visited December 2013