“Excellent- never been so full!!”
Review of Chin Chin

Chin Chin
Ranked #59 of 4,421 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to chin chin's Melbourne, on a saturday afternoon, we didn't have to wait and got a table straight away.

With wanting everything on the menu we went with the feed me option. It was amazing! We were served dishes that I would not normally of gone for and they were all great. Word of warning go with big eaters and people that don't mind sharing food!! My favourite was the salmon baked in banana leaves, the pork and apple salad and the honeycomb pudding. I have a healthy appetite but after the 4th dish I was rather full!! I also had the coconut crush cocktail and it was amazing.

The atmosphere was alive and friendly, you find yourself singing along to the 80's tunes and everyone was extremely friendly. It was the perfect end to a perfect trip to Australia and a must return when back in December!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,770)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was a bit anxious coming here as you cannot book a table however, we didn't have to wait too long (went there early). The food wow, it was full of flavour and it was definitely an experience to remember.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had dinner there two nights ago - couldn't get a table so sat at the bar overlooking the kitchen area - great vibe and energy. Food was excellent - fresh, really interesting flavours and well presented. Kingfish sashimi was outstanding. We all absolutely enjoyed ourselves and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chin Chin had a noisy, happy energetic feel about it. The smells coming from the kitchen were enough to make you want to order everything on the menu. We ordered two meals which were full of flavor and so fresh. Definately worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had one mission- to conquer Chin Chin (which is so busy, they don't take bookings!)... No matter how long the wait, no matter what the time!

I had eagerly awaited trying Chin Chin after reading and hearing rave reviews first-hand so we, together with another couple, decided to sit downstairs in the bar (very cool itself, great atmosphere and worth a visit!) and wait.

And wait... And wait some more. Three and a half hours later, at approximately 10:30pm we were seated upstairs at a table for four. To be completely fair, they warned us it was a busy night and to expect lengthy delays.

Bleary eyed, fragile from the hunger and ready for bed more than anything else, we feasted. The food was incredible. Street-food made sophisticated. Pork Belly to rival anything we have tasted in Melbourne (on par with the likes of Red Spice Roads signature dish). Pulled Pork pancakes were a hit. My favourite dish of the night was the 'make your own' spring rolls- very novel and very tasty. A lot of the food we picked at with our hands, and we shared all dishes which made mingling fun. It really is the only way to eat at Chin Chin!

The restaurant is super busy- don't expect there to be any preferential treatment or particularly amazing service, quick and efficient rules at Chin Chin (although our waiter was lovely, polite, to the point and attentive).

I'll be going back to Chin Chin, for the sake of the delicious food! I would also recommend trying the option ''Feed Me'' to get a good sample of their signature dishes (they bring out a selection for you). Rest assured though, I won't be waiting that long next time though!

1  Thank Casey H