“I wish I stayed for more than a night”

Mantra 100 Exhibition
Ranked #77 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I want to stay for more than a night but I think it was fully booked. My room was big and has the complete amenities (fridge, big flat TV, hairdryer, washing machine, stove) for a business traveler. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Would stay here again given a chance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Karen F
Kara F, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us.
The Team and I are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that we surpassed your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again when next in Melbourne.

Best regards,
Kara Francis
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a weekend visit with a friend and was very impressed by how clean, spacious and well-equipped our room was. Our check-in was very efficient and the staff were friendly. I slept on the fold-out bed which was surprisingly comfortable!

This place delivered far more than I expected for the price. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Meredith H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
On behalf of the Team and myself, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the property comfortable.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again when next in Melbourne.

Best regards,
Kara Francis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had the misfortune to stay in this hotel - first time in Melbourne and wont be rushing back ! Room was dirty had to clean bath before we could use it - hair and soap scum as well as black mould - food on the curtains - dirty windows - and the cupboard for the rubbish bin was filthy - and a red laundry bag with dirty linen left in the hallway for the two days we were there - if this is a 4 star hotel it needs seriously reviewed - would have to be the worst I have ever stayed in

Room Tip: don't get room 207 its filthy !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Di R
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in Exhibition Street before so knew how close it is for everything. The Mantra was well priced for the time of year my husband and I stayed. It's a clean, comfortable and spacious apartment - just how described. Large bathroom, fair size lounge room with a small kitchenette and decent size bedroom with plenty of cupboard space - comfortable bed! The reception staff are helpful as are the house-keeping staff. We weren't expecting clean towels or the room to be tidied as we stayed through New Years Day but a gentleman knocked at our door offering all of this.
Only negative points were our fridge was iced up - we couldn't even get the ice tray out! Reception offered to have it cleaned but we said not to worry. Also, as in so many hotels the tv remote didn't work properly but I guess you should be sight-seeing not watching tv!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights mid week - it was exactly like the title states. It is located near the Exhibition train station, which was great for getting to the outer suburbs. Didn't spend much time in the room, but it was a nice base for exploring.
I would definitely return! :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Quite good for purpose, which was business, bedrooms a little small and no fitness centre was a bit of a bummer. Service was great and reception was helpful and accomodating. I would stay there again for a business trip

Room Tip: no fitness centre
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gecko30
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Compared to other mantra properties I have stayed at. Found the hotel generally Very noisy - plumbing or lifts - not quite sure what but disruptive. Walls must be very thin as was aware of neighbours peeing and definitely seemed more noisy than other hotels.
No food or drink in hotel so buy provisions before arriving. No water in fridge. Room service is available via external service so takes longer and can't buy wine by the glass and stops at 10.30pm. There is a 7-11 a couple of doors down for basics.
No lamps in main room, just overhead light so not restful. Also bedside lamp not working, cable broken and unplugged so clearly known to housekeeping but not fixed. Also no door spy hole.
Felt under-done compared to other Mantra hotels but is clean, comfortable and well located.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business