Booked mantra 100 at last minute...good rate for a Sunday night but that was it then the nightmare began.
Arrived at hotel welcomed by receptionist who was looking a little bit bored with the overall situation upon arrival. Got electronic key for room then went to go up in the lift to be confronted with only 1 lift out of 3 working.
Waited 5 minutes for the lift to arrive, got to room to find that our electronic key would not work, asked a staff member but refused to call or open for us, then proceeded downstairs again, it seems that others were having the same scenario.
Went back up to our room at which time the receptionist let us in, then took the key to preprogramme once again.
Went to go from our room earlier to still find 1 lift working then when it arrived it was full of garbage bins with no room to board, once we did get in the lift some 6 minutes later we were confronted with garbage liquid all over the floor and had not been mopped, we had to draw this attention to front office staff.
After a night out we came back to our room for a wine to only find No wine glasses and the kitchen area poorly equipped for any catering.
having stayed here before I felt that the hotel is not being maintained to the level of some time ago and would not stay there again due to the way in which it is operating.
We were told on the sunday night that they were working on the other 2 lifts but even on Monday morning only 1 was working, very frustrating....Spoilt the short break away.
Great location but not a great hotel internally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, the hotel offers modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. The hotel's spacious apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with iPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas. Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort, the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking.Nearby parking available – fees apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne