“Passable but better available for the price. ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra 100 Exhibition

Mantra 100 Exhibition
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Passable but better available for the price. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Had a one night stay for a business trip here.
Room was nice and fairly spacious for an inner city motel. Unfortunately the room smelt like cigarette smoke when I turned the heater on the smell was pretty overwhelming.
Staff were polite and helpful when needed.
Close to some of the businesses in town, but not as close to shopping and places to eat as other motels (although close to Chinatown if you are seeking Asian food).
Probably would stay elsewhere next time, although apart from the smell of the room there were no problems with the room or staff, just not convenient.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Q8684ZYS
Jeremy M, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Q8684ZYS,

Thank you very much for your review.

I do apologise that your room smelt like smoke. As a non-smoking hotel we do all we can to inform our guests with signage in rooms advising of the penalties for smoking, however on rare occasions this does occur. We do however have an action plan to eliminate the smell and on this occasion it seems that the cleaning of the air conditioning filter failed us.

With regards to restaurants, we are a stone through from China town like you have mentioned however there are some great restaurants which are even closer to the hotel, next time you are with us please ask our friendly and knowledgeable staff who will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Where do I begin? No lamp in lounge area of 1 bedroom apartment, long black hairs in bath (not mine and I am blonde), t,v, remote held together by black tape and batteries hanging out of the back of it (replaced by staff after t.v. would not work), bottom sheet on bed 'short sheeted', t.v. hard to change channels, mute or volume changes (with new remote) and changing by itself to other programmes whilst watching shows, old ? blood stain on white curtains, getting a knock on door at 1045hrs on day of leaving by cleaner asking 'do you have a late check out?' when check out was 1100hrs!!!!, missing crockery in cupboard as they had set up everything in two's i.e. 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 cups, but 1 saucer, kettle had to be filled from tap through the spout as wouldn't open at lid. Not worth the money nor the hassle. The only saving grace was the front desk staff were pleasant but in saying that I had little contact with them anyway. First and last time I will ever stay at a Mantra!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mimistella
Dear mimistella,

First of all, thank you for your candid response regarding your experience.

I would like to apologise for the inconveniences during your stay. I have reviewed the room you have stayed in to rectify all of the issues you have mentioned and revisited training with the necessary housekeeping staff.

This is certainly not the standard we strive for, however glad to report that we are focussing on our quality of presentation with some very good results.

With regards to check out time, normal check out time for the hotel is 10am.

I would love the opportunity to be able to change your mind about Mantra and Mantra 100 Exhibition for you to see the great product and fantastic service we pride ourselves on. Should you wish to return to us please make sure that you contact me directly as I would personally like to take care of your future reservation at Mantra 100 Exhibition.

newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed 6 nights in one bedroom apartment looking over street on 6th floor. So surprisingly quiet. Great large opening windows. Very comfortable bed and bedding. Staff efficient and friendly. Great location to everything we needed. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: probably ask for floors 5 - 9 above the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evking
Jeremy M, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear evking,

Our rooms are very spacious with some rooms with floor to ceiling windows and as you have mentioned very quiet. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Jeremy Mossman
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Large 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment, clean, with comfortable beds. We stayed in a top (10th) floor room, no balcony so smokers beware. Elelvator only goes to 9th floor then there's a set of stairs to climb to the 10th floor. If your luggage is heavy it's an effort. Covenient location not far from heart of CBD. Views over parts of CBD, nice at quiet when it's time to sleep.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of heavy luggage don't stay on the 10th floor because the elevator only goes t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear David B,

Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
When the opportunity presents itself we offer our top floor to our shorter staying guests with less luggage, the benefit of this is the views are great.

It's great to hear that the room was nice and quiet as well.

I look forward to seeing you again around the hotel sometime soon.

Jeremy Mossman
Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed one night to attend the theatre as within easy walking distance. On the plus side, reception friendly, easy checkin and able to access room early. Price was reasonable as a special offer when booked. Location very good for walking to CBD, theatres, restaurants and transport. Room spacious and clean, we had a 1 BR with room over the alley. Thought this would be ok to reduce traffic noise. Bathroom good with adequate towels and toiletries. Good shower water pressure. Very good powered hairdryer. Washing machine/dryer in room as well as small kitchenette. Able to print out boarding passes in foyer that was appreciated. The downside was the noise factor. We were there on a Saturday night and being in a city you expect some noise but this was from a nearby night club that doofed all night and finally ceased at 7.00am. Plus there was a lot of talking noise from the alley we faced with patrons from the club. I would stay again but not a night the club was open, I am a light sleeper so minimal sleep for me.

Room Tip: I would be hesitant to stay on a Friday or Saturday night with the noise from the nearby nightclub u...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GingerRose63
Dear GingerRose63,

Thank you for your valuable response.

I am pleased to hear of your comments regarding our great location, friendly reception and early check in, we endeavour to check in guests earlier than the stated check-in time at every opportunity, if not we can always store luggage.

With regards to the night club noise, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Since your response we have engaged the Victorian Commission for Gaming and Liquor Regulation, Victorian Police and Melbourne City Council to address the serious implications of the neighbouring business. I am glad to report that we are no longer disturbed by noise or congregation of people. I will be monitoring this very closely in the weekends to ensure our guests are not disturbed.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel when travelling to Melbourne with my parents for a couple of nights for the football. Booked a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed. We drove over, so had to use their car park, located just around the corner at a very reasonable $27 per night (cheaper on weekends!). The room was very spacious! Lovely and modern, clean and crisp. Like a REAL loft apartment, with an awesome breakfast bar in the fully equipped kitchen. Opening windows to let in fresh air, lovely bathroom. The staff were fantastic! So polite and attentive, nothing was to much of a problem, from restaurant recommendations to bringing up extra towels. We will DEFINITELY be visiting Mantra 100 Exhibition again, and recommending it to everyone!

Stayed June 2014
Dear TravelNerd2014,

Thank you for your fantastic comments.

Our team will be so pleased to hear your kind words and very proud of the impression they have made.
I’m glad you enjoyed our apartments as well. Modern, clean, fresh, with high ceilings give our apartments that great loft feel.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Echuca, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I booked online, was a little hesitant, as some places I've booked are not as good as there photos. But I got here, was welcomed at the door, check in was easy and we got a free room upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment. Bonus. The rooms were spacious and clean and very nice. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in the city. Defiantly be back here again well done mantra made my stay in Melbourne a very enjoyable one

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Natasha J
Jeremy M, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Natasha J,

It’s great to hear these great comments and I’m thrilled that we made your stay an enjoyable one.
Our rooms are very spacious and modern, especially our 2 bedrooms (great for families and groups as they sleep up to 5 people), I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I hope to see you back here again in the near future.