The Carlton Club
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Melbourne
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Stamford Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Okay, I am oldish so it looked a tad grunge. We six dined in the dining room and it was as gloomily lit as the bars. No need for my feeling out of my comfort zone, delicious fresh food beautifully presented. Toss off your tired old fears of the unknown. Go oldies.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

For as long as I live in Melbourne, I will never bother visiting this bar again! My co-workers were recently refused entry due to the fact that they were apparently too overdressed in their corporate attire (suit pants, shirt, no tie!!). Apparently no corporate attire after a certain time! I'm not sure what happens to all those wearing suits who were let into the bar before the cut off? I wonder if they are made to remove their attire once the clock strikes 10pm?
Although this absurd policy was frustrating, it was the attitude of the bouncers that disappointed me the most. They were unnecessarily rude and arrogant. I work for a very large organisation within the city and as close and convenient as this place is to our offices, we will definitely be spending our hard earned money elsewhere!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank caiters1
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This place has the most amazing atmosphere. It's a great place to grab a beer (or two) and the staff are very nice. Hassle free to get in the door and prices are not expensive for the CBD. The balcony has plenty of space and great on a hot day.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Amazing decor, great staff, great cocktails and fantastic food. The atmosphere is a delight, every level is amazing. Beer list could be better. This place attracts a really good crowd, there is no cover charge heaps of open-air space yet still warm and sheltered when it rains. .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

While it used to be a great place a few years ago, admission policy has changed (as experienced in Nov 12) and they now only accept people wearing a tie... or maybe this policy only applies to over 40s and young asians not wearing a tie? (as witnessed...) Also bouncers are aggressive, confrontational and have no hesitation insulting clients. If you come from overseas, you will get the wrong impression of Melbourne by going to this place. If you want to enjoy similar decoration, go the Woodland in Moreland; a little bit out of the way of the city but decorated by the same people who did the Carlton. And you won't be insulted by neandertal bouncers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends