“Thank you for returning my phone charger”
Review of Parade Inn

and 1 more site!
Parade Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Great location, comfy beds with an electric blanket, which was needed that Melbourne weekend. The rooms are basic and no mini bar but sufficient. A couple of days later they phoned to let me know I had left my phone charger behind (I hadn't even realized) and they returned it to me free of charge. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Easy access to the city from a clean comfortable motel style hotel. As a previous review mentioned the rooms can get cold and wi-fi should be standard in all city hotels at this stage but altogether the parade inn ticked most of the boxes that we needed with a warm shower, good location and decent breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Good size clean rooms. This is basic motel accomodation, and there is no wifi yet (my only gripe). The service from the staff was above and beyond what I have received in 5 star hotels. The trams are outside the door, 5-10 minutes to city on tram. Bridie O'Reillys is a few minutes walk for an excellent meal and 10% discount if you show your room tag. They have tea and coffee making facilities. I stayed here on a business trip and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again with family on our next trip to Melbourne!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Pros: Economical; brekki is fine; gree parking; great location for getting to Melb CBD; tram stop out front; nice balcony; quiet, clean, breakfast were very accommodating- they offered to cook my toast in their kitchen when the buffet toaster was being used.
Cons: bathroom and kitchenette need updating; room got cold during the night

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jasbean
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A fairly basic motel that ticks all the right boxes, suits the budget concious, super friendly staff, close to public transport, free car parking, comfortable beds, very clean rooms, great showers & nice & sound proof. Had a great sleep there & will definitely be back next time we head to Melbourne

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank P0llycat
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in Jan 2012. Our room was fairly clean (all except for a thick layer of dust under the fridge), and the bathroom was quite spacious. The towels were a bit tatty, but clean. As part of our stay we got included car park and continental breakfast which was the best part about our stay. The breakfast was plentiful. Also, having the tram stop in front of the inn and being so close to Sydney road (shops) were good points. Bad parts of our stay were the noise from the train which is close by. It did wake us a couple of times in the early morning. A cab ride to the city was about $15-$20.
For what we paid for the room, we were happy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AdeleMelissa
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My wife and I have stayed there twice now . The small $99 pn rooms are very basic but clean .
Avoid rooms 12 & 13 as the street - traffic noise is bad.
Having Princes Park opposite is great for a nice morning walk.
Trams are at the front door .
Overall - good value for the money.
The staff are extremely friendly

Room Tip: Rooms 17 to 24 are the best. Avoid rooms 12 & 13 - the traffic noise is bad. The early morning...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple