“Warm and friendly staff, good food”
Review of Pomodoro Sardo

Pomodoro Sardo
Ranked #268 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$6 - US$52
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Pomodoro Sardo is a modern Italian Sardinian cooking with a focus on superb ingredients, impeccably sourced and handled with care and simplicity. Dining at Pomodoro Sardo is relaxed but smart, with welcoming, professional service. We only use fresh ingredients and old recipes.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I found this place during a walk from the Marriott. Being from Rhode Island, I enjoy Italian food but am picky and judgmental. A study of the menu posted outside made me take a chance and I am glad I did. First of all, I seemed to do better with the Italian accented English than the Aussie English. I had the baby octopus starter, the tagliatelle with clams for my main and the above average tiramisu for dessert - all very good. May go back for a pizza before I leave Melbourne in a couple of days. I appreciated the complimentary mirto, better than grappa after a nice meal.

1  Thank BigE02882
There are newer reviews for Pomodoro Sardo

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I am not into Italian food but now I have become a regular love the food here the service is top knotch who ever complains about service here must be derranged or a pompous anoying cow because I found the hospitality to be beyond its service the friendliest staff ever best food great prices and I am one of the fussiest customers out there, guaranteed a great time at this establishment!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate here with friends and were very impressed with the restaurant. The food is of a very high quality. We ate gnocci, risotto and fregola mare as well as a pizza for a shared entree. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. The wine list is good and the service is great. The men's toilet needs attention.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Found Pomodoro on our last visit to Melbourne and loved the pizza so returned again this week. Wasn't disappointed. We enjoy the four cheese and Calabrese pizzas. Staff are fun, comfortable setting and good prices. Thumbs up see you next visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The food here was great but the staff were not very friendly. The whole Italian experience of warm friendly staff would certainly make this restaurant a gem in this city. Highly recommend the food