“One of the best things i've done”

Art Aficionado Tours- Day Tours
Ranked #133 of 261 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Art Aficionado is a Melbourne-based team of dedicated contemporary art curators. We are committed to the promotion of Australian and International contemporary art projects through art tours, public talks, collection management and written essays. If you would like an introduction to Australia’s vibrant art scene, we can offer an inspiring experience. Whether you would like to explore Melbourne’s maze of galleries on a walking tour, or acquire a unique work by an emerging artist, we can tailor an experience that is unique to your personal preferences.
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of the best things i've done”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I rang Jane on the monday hoping to go on the cullen tour in parhan the next day, She returned my call quickly, explained i was the only booking, and yes they would run a tour. Danny my tour guide was on time and we were off.The tour lasted about 2 and a half hours, it was fantastic. My guide is an artist and we went to probably 10 different places. All sorts, graffiti laneways, traditional high end stuff through to some really funky up and comming artists. One gallery opened just for us. I am no art genius but with dannys insights i understood a lot more about contemporary art, a subject i wasnt too knowledgable about before, The time just flew. We ended up at the Olsen. My advise if your looking for something really great to do in melbourne this is it. Hugh.

Visited June 2013

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“ART AFICIONADO TOURS best tour in Melbourne”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I found this tour extremely informative with a very personal touch. Jane O'Neill takes everything you have requested on board and makes the day full packed with art that would be out of reach for a normal tourist. traveling with limited time she crammed everything in small, large and quirky art galleries were all viewed. all in all a great day in the city. :) great price great chat and a great tour.

Visited January 2013
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One Perfect Day”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I Have to say a Huge thank you to Jane O'Neill for this amazing Tour. This is a must for any art lover or anyone looking to see a different side of melbourne. Jane's knowledge, passion and love for the arts makes this tour a pure joy. I was greated by Jane at my hotel in south yarra and we hopped on a train to the city and started to explore some of the tucked away galleries hidden in some of the most amazing places of melbourne. Her tour took me to some amazing galleries such as Neon Parc, Tolarno Galleries and to Utopian Slumps. I would surgest this tour for everyone if you do one thing while in melbourne this is it!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank James L
Jane O, Owner at Art Aficionado Tours- Day Tours, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear James,

We're thrilled that you enjoyed the city art tour recently. Thank you for your response.

Best wishes,

Art Aficionado Tours
Orange County, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Extremely informative”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Very informative and educational!
This tour was amazing! Jane seemed very knowledgeable on Melbournes art scene and also many specific pieces.
We visited a few smaller galleries that we otherwise would not have known about.
The tour was reasonably priced for the amount myself and my girlfriend learnt and would certainly recomend it!
We had lots to discuss afterwards and really increased my passion for Australian Art! !
Also there is a variety of tour options i believe and they guides seem very flexible

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brendan88
Dear Brendan,

Thanks very much for your feedback about Art Aficionado Tours. We take pride in showing the very best contemporary art in Melbourne and we're very pleased that you enjoyed the tour.

Until next time,