“Convenient Location, Good Furnishings”
other travellers have booked this property
Southbank Serviced Apartment living area
Southbank Serviced Apartment king bedroom Southbank Serviced Apartment view to city
Check Availability
Southbank Serviced Apartment  second bathroom
Southbank Serviced Apartment  laundry facilities
Southbank Serviced Apartment  living area & view towards Docklands
Southbank two-bedroom apartment Floor Plan
Southbank two-bedroom apartment  pool & tennis court
Southbank two-bedroom apartment entertainment area
Southbank two-bedroom apartment gym
Southbank two-bedroom apartment pool area
Southbank two-bedroom apartment is very close to trams
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 36 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
trotterst...
“Convenient Location, Good Furnishings”
Reviewed 18 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

This is a privately-owned apartment so there are many instructions to follow in order to get in and out of the apartment and how to manage it during your stay. It is conveniently located with walking distance to CBD, South Wharf, and even to some of the popular South Bank surroundings.

The apartment is well lit with lots of natural sunlight and good view of the city. While the tram stop is just right in front of the apartment which makes it so accessible for those who wish to take the public transport, it can be a tad of an annoyance for those who are light sleepers because you get the noise coming from the trams in the nights and early in the mornings. But my kids don't seem to be bothered by that, except me who's an extremely light sleeper.

In addition, the apartment is furnished well but there are some areas that needed improvement/attention including the shower area in master bedroom; the chipped glass table top in the living room; a missing battery cover for the TV remote (Chris is aware of these issues and was apologetic); and supplying more trash bags will be useful for our a week-long stay at the apartment. The access to the mail room to return the keys upon checking out was denied too. But fortunately, my hubby tailgated someone who went into the mail room to collect her mails and dropped the keys back to the mailbox designated on the instructions (we could have called all the contacts given and ask for help but we were rushing to the airport). On hindsight, Chris was very helpful in all areas including the detailed instructions for checking in and out of the apartment and even arranging us to check in early and even for late check-out, as well as checking in with us via email after 24 hours of arrival.

I will recommend to friends who needed a convenient location but will forewarn the tram noise issue of course. Again this is individual preference.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
19 Dec 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed the apartment and the location.

I am also a light sleeper generally, and expected to have an issue with it, but I have not had a problem with the tram noise when I stayed. As you say, it would be a very individual thing, and there would be many spots like this in a city. The double glazing normally does the trick for most guests though.

Believe it or not, it was the owner (who was the last guest there) who broke the soap holder in the shower. Getting tradesmen to fix these things prior to Christmas was always going to be a struggle. We taped up the chip on the coffee table glass and the soap holder because we could not get them fixed quickly, and didn't want guests to hurt themselves on them. It's not as pretty, but it is quite safe.

It is indeed a great location for transport, walking to Southbank Promenade and for the city view.

I don't know why the fob would not open the mail room door. It normally does. We are checking it.

We work very hard to make your stay a seamless one and hopefully it has been that by the sound of it. Thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate it.

I hope to see you again with your returning-guest discount.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Sep 2014
Yes, Cityside is one of our most luxurious apartments. I am glad you enjoyed the appointments and the location as well. I hope we see you again.
Perth
Reviewed 8 April 2014 for a stay in October 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
8 Apr 2014
Wow; sounds like it was a perfect fit. I hope we will see you again.
Perth. WA
Reviewed 7 April 2014 for a stay in August 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
7 Apr 2014
Yes, it is one of our favourite apartments this one. I'm glad you really enjoyed it. Do come back, and we will give you a return-guest discount as well.
Bendigo
Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

3 Apr 2014
Hi Jason. Thank you for your thoughts.

That's the first comment we have ever had about our resident key minder concept being a bit difficult. Apartments are different to hotels of course. You usually have to pick up the keys elsewhere at an office, get them out of a lockbox, or organise to meet someone at the front door. Buzzing the apartment for the key-minder to bring the keys down isn't a problem, I'm sure, but needing to make a call to confirm your arrival time is a bit of a pain I suppose. I have had to do this a few times with B & Bs when I go away.

On thinking about it, if I copied the resident key-minder into your confirmation email, and requested your ETA, you would only have to 'reply to all' wouldn't you? Thanks for the tip.

The cleaning company's new cleaning trainee clearly needed more training before being let loose on his own. Sorry about the missed bits.

I just love the built-in obsolescence in new appliances. The microwave is only two-years old! We are checking it out anyway.

Foxtel is a non-event for us. This is only the second guest in eight years that said they missed it, so I can't see us putting it in. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked things on the whole. Hope you can return for your returning-guest discount!

California
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in January 2014

1 Apr 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay Mary, having flown all the way here from California. I hope we see you or your friends in future; with a referred guest discount.
We are only too happy to fix any issues promptly. I travel a lot, and I know how important this can be.
Canberra
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in August 2013

1 Apr 2014
I couldn't have said it better myself Simon. I'm glad it worked out so well for you. You are welcome anytime; with a return-guest discount. Make sure you contact us direct though.
Chris
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing