“Excellent serviced apartment style hotel”

Pegasus Apart'Hotel
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent serviced apartment style hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here while he was in Melbourne for work - I accompanied him for leisure.

Check-in was easy enough, and we received a room upgrade. We had booked a studio queen but were put up in a two-bedroom apartment. Our room was facing the construction site next door, but we didn't experience any issues with noise. I even took a nap during the afternoon at one point to recharge for evening activities and was not disturbed at all.

The room itself was clean and well-kept with new-looking fixtures. The bathroom was a touch on the small side, with limited shelf space for personal items. However it was once again spotlessly clean, with excellent water pressure in the shower. The kitchen was well enough appointed and equipped for us to cook a simple meal in our room for our last night, and the 'real' size fridge/freezer was a definite plus.

The one big downside for us was that the bed was too soft for our liking. We sleep on a Japanese futon with flat pillows at home, so we're more accustomed to a harder mattress. We did end up taking turns sleeping on the (very firm!) sofa in the lounge area. This is a matter of personal preference though.

We didn't use facilities like the gym or pool, but we were very happy with the free wi-fi in our room, and noted the provision of toiletries, in-room slippers and an iron and ironing board.

Our favourite thing about the hotel was definitely LOCATION. We were right next to Queen Vic Markets (Market Lane Coffee and $3 boreks for breakfast HELLO) and also in easy reach of a convenience store, shops and a supermarket at Melbourne Central, and some fantastic inexpensive eateries. Tram lines were easily accessible for some short trips out to North Melbourne, Fitzroy and Brunswick.

All in all was good value and provided everything we needed without muss or fuss.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I and my family stayed in room 402 during 10-14 May 2014.

Pros: The equipment in the room was new and clean except a bed in one of the bedrooms. Delighted to have room upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment. The kitchenette was well equipped. Room size was unexpectedly large.

Cons:
1) The bed sheet in one of the rooms was found full of dust in the first night. I tried to clean by my own but failed. Finally asked the front desk staff to help. Though I was unhappy for this unhygienic issue, but I did appreciate the assistance of that staff for bringing me the clean bed sheet for my own replacement. Please note there's no housekeepers at night so such issue have to be relied on the help of front desk staff and of course yourself.

2) The major problem in this hotel was room safety! I kept disappearing things in the room 402 in 2 nights during the 4-days stay! The things disappeared were:
a) A box of obviously newly opened "Pantene" hair mask conditioner put in the bathroom in the 11 May.
b) The piece of pretty wrapped souvenir chocolate of "The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant " as my Melbourne souvenir stored in the Refrigerator on 13 May.

It's completely ridiculous and causing ppl to get crazy when staying in a hotel but your things are kept disappearing inside the room! Luckily I have already locked the most valuable things in my baggage, but still cannot imagine why my other things will be removed by the hotel. I felt completely disappointed as my priceless souvenir in Melbourne was lost just because I had to freeze it in the hotel Refrigerator. Although I have reported these issues to the hotel, what I got the answers were:
- we would report your issues to the management of the housekeeping manager (immediate response at the night of reporting).
- the housekeeping manager in-charge was in shift duty and no news can update you. And, the housekeepers said they didn't see your said things in the room!! (the next day noon)

They did promise to give me the reply or any news update via email and of course no email was received till now.

Room safety should be top serving standard of every hotel. If the hotel cannot make it, it shouldn't worth the so called top 4-star rating.

If you wish to stay in this hotel, please be warmly reminded that DO lock you things properly in the baggage if you need to go outside, do not put your things in the "Bathroom" nor "Refrigerator" or they will be disappeared! Take my regret as lesson and don't be the next one.

Stayed May 2014
12 Thank kandicewsy
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I took my daughter to Melbourne as a treat for her 17th birthday and was very impressed by the customer service at Pegasus. I had called a few days prior to request an upper floor room as it had been recommended in other reviews I had read.
When we arrived we were given an upgrade from a twin room to a 2 bedroom apartment with views over the Queen Victoria Market.
The front office staff were very helpful and help me to plan our day by assisting in transport information including a Myki card to borrow for public transport.
I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the market and the early morning hustle bustle
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CLBennett050664
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We travelled with 2 young kids and although this hotel is set back slightly from the hub of the city, it was still a great location as everything is within walking distance. The Queen Victoria market is directly behind the hotel. The hotel itself was lovely and clean with comfortable beds. Wifi was definitely an added bonus. The heated pool/spa was lovely for our kids. Only issue was that in-room dining was contracted out to a third party and the food was awful to say the least - this was the one day that we chose to dine in as the kids were tired and we regretted ordering in. Breakfast was great as well, although we had the same things everyday. Overall, we loved the hotel and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located 5 mins away from Queen Victoria market. Was given a room with a fantastic view of Melbourne skyline. Bathroom a tad small. we booked the 2 bedroom apartment. Front desk staff was helpful. Wifi worked fine for us in rooms

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in Twin Studio ( as the Queen Studio was fully booked ) . The room was really clean with a nice little kitchenette . The wifi in our room was good as a whole , the fact that it's free is definitely a plus . The staff were very helpful and attended to our requests immediately. The location is great , you can easily hop onto a free City Tram No.35 by walking through Will's St right infront of the hotel , to La Trobe St. where there is a Tram waiting area in the middle of the street. It was really a great stay , keep it up Pegasus !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the construction sites . I did that so i had no issue with that .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Georgia, USA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

One of the features my travelling companion looks for in a hotel is internet access included in the room rate, i. e., no additional cost which this hotel offered. We arrived early evening in late February for 4 nights. After getting to our room, we attempted to access the internet. Neither of us had success. We both went to the lobby to complain. The desk clerks referred us to the night manager. He showed us how his laptop was successfully accessing the internet in the lobby. He also showed us that two or more hotspots were located on each floor. He hinted that perhaps either our operating systems and/or browsers were to blame. We’d both used our laptops successfully in China, South Korea, Canada, USA, Italy, Greece, Turkey, as well as elsewhere in Australia with no problems with either OS or browser. Basically, not Pegasus’ problem. At times during our stay, we could connect to the internet from our room, but within a few minutes would drop the connection. My solution was to carry my netbook to the lobby. When a hotel advertises free internet access, I assume it’s in the room unless otherwise stated, e. g. common areas only. The hotel was well appointed and conveniently located within walking distance of all attractions we visited during our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends