“Make this your first stop”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 264 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Discover Melbourne, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Melbourne. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the statue of Sir Redmond Barry in front of the State Library of Victoria on Swanston St. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Melbourne as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When ever I go somewhere new, I look for the free walking tour of the city and make that my first activity. It's a great way to get oriented to the city, meet fellow travelers and help cure some of the jetlag you might have. This tour in Melbourne is no different. Alex was my guide on 5/30 and gave a fine tour of the highlights of the city. Best part for me was trying to find some of the little food places afterwards for cheap eats.

There are newer reviews for I'm Free Walking Tours

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A delightful lady, very informative. Would highly recommend others to take this tour at the start of their Melbourne holiday.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have been living in Melbourne for 4 months and although my partner thought it was a little strange to do a tour in a city we live in, he came along. We both thoroughly enjoyed this tour and learnt a lot about this beautiful city we now call home. Highly recommend it for locals or overseas visitors.. Tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable as well, thanks Flick. Big thumbs up from us. Fiona and Sam

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very informative, great to mix with people from around the world.
Great sites - will return to some for a closer look.
Ben was very entertaining although watches too much tv!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went on this tour not expecting much but it was great! Our tour leader was Alex, he was very friendly, informative and a great storyteller! He would tell the historical stories in a way that you would think he was there observing the event. If you are ever in Melbourne try it out, you won't regret it.