“Not that good!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Melbourne, Australia
“Not that good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have been thinking what to say about this place?
We went there for a family birthday, from the moment I walked in the door I new the outcome.
The place was dark, the floor was sticky, but I kept it to myself as not to upset the rest of the family, you know keep the peace and all.
We were seated , 15 min went past I had to go to the bar to ask for some drinks.
There were plenty of staff working but they all looked like they were doing something other then looking after us.
We ordered, after a long time and I went with a Parmigiana nice and easy you would think.
The food came out after a long wait, and more trips to the bar as the staff seemed in a other world.
My Parma was very over cooked, I ate some but it really was one of the worsted dishes I have ever had.
My wife looked at my Parma and could see why I had stopped eating, she said I should say something, I told her not to worry about it but she went up to the bar and told them it was very over cooked.
Well the staff appeared,took my plate up to the cook, and agreed it was a bit over cooked.
The staff member came back with my plate and said the cook said he could cook one again.
I said no its ok as the other members of my family had just about finished their meals.
The lady said the cook would only charge for half my meal as I had eaten some of it.
What could I say?
I had to take my little girl to the toilet, well I have to tell you I have been to better and cleaner toilets in third would countries.
We asked for the bill, the bill turned up, and guess what?
We got charged full price for the parmigiana.
I have said in the passed you only get what you pay for? But this time we paid well over the odds.
I paid the full bill as I could not be bothered talking to them.
All in all bad service, the food not that great , the place dirty.

• Visited September 2012