“wonderful meal after show”

Jaisalmer Palace Indian Restaurant & Bar.
Ranked #588 of 4,328 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Located on Bourke Street Jaisalmer Palace Indian Restaurant offers authentic Indian curries bursting with Flavours.Fully licensed premise with B.Y.O facility also offers wide range of Beer, Wine & imported Indian Whisky's along with world famous spirits.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

we had a table for 4 and enjoyed a lovely indian meal the service was great we all tried different mains.the butter chicken my sons favourite was great i had the beef vindaloo which was great.lovely nan bread and a nice glass of wine .a good time had by all.

3  Thank hopperoo60

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stopped by here for dinner during my first night's stay in Melbourne. They welcomed me into the restaurant and quickly seated me. They took my drink order right away and immediately followed with my dinner order. I had the tandoori chicken and chicken vindaloo with a couple of King Fisher lagers. The tandoori chicken portion was a half order and came with two thighs and two legs. A very generous portion indeed! The chicken vindaloo was ordered as spicy but was not too not. As expected, the spice intensity grew over time as I ate it but was never too much. I do like spicy food and found the balance of heat and flavor to meld nicely. Their nan is phenomenal. When ordering, you get either nan or rice, not both unless to ask for both. Would eat here again.

3  Thank DePassiago
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a quick dinner after the theatre. They was a party of 12 for dinner. I chose the Butter chicken and rice as l know this would be a safe choice. The meal was plenty but the butter chicken didn't have that much chicken, plenty of sauce but little chicken pieces. Service was good and the other meals which were ordered looked good.

1  Thank angelica65
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Tried this restaurant twice till now and loved everything that I ate here - biryani to palak panner to onion bhajiyas to bangalore chicken. Good food :)

4  Thank Pree27
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Organised Birthday Party. One the best dinning experience. Reasonably priced, friendly staff. Will be back very soon.Highly recommended for authentic Indian food in CBD.

3  Thank XCLN