Oaks On William
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Jazz Corner Hotel(Melbourne)
  • Pool
Quest on William(Melbourne)
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
1,643 results
All reviewsflagstaff gardensstudio parkflagstaff stationbrother thomasqueen victoria marketscafe next doorfree tramstudio roomsized fridgeoffice blocksmall balconytram stopper dayfull kitchenmelbourne centralfree wifihardware lane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for a girls weekend away and found the hotel to be a perfect place to stay for a city weekend, everything was a great distance whether it be walk or taxi. The hotel staff were incredibly helpful and couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend The Oaks, for a family, couple or social get together. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for posting your wonderful review. We aim to create a most enjoyable and memorable experience for our guests. I am glad we where able to achieve exactly that on this occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Really enjoyed our 5 night stay at this property. Well located, basically across the road from Flagstaff Train station (and therefore Flagstaff Gardens) and an easy 5 minute walk to the main shopping hub in the CBD. On-site parking was very well priced.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and seemed to make an effort to greet you each day. The room was always exceptionally clean, however I think the housekeeping staff needed a tad more attention to detail (like putting things into a dishwasher and then turning it on). Yep, first world problem and I feel a bit silt even writing it.

Oh, and the bed was very comfortable. The Self-service Laundry on Floor 3A was good, well maintained and efficient. And reasonably priced as well. The gym was adequate.

Certainly would be very pleased to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook Flagstaff gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your kind review. I am truly pleased to read such positive feedback from a senior contributor of this forum. Your comments regarding our friendly staff have been passed on with thanks and I am delighted to read that you felt they offered exceptional service daily. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for yet another comfortable stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was very impressed with Oaks on William in a recent stay. It has a modern, trendy fit out with very comfortable facilities. Flagstaff gardens across the street provides a nice outlook or location for a bit of exercise. Convenient to the North West corner of the CBD, and western edge (Etihad Stadium and Southern Cross Station).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for posting your lovely review. I am truly pleased to read that you were very impressed with your recent stay with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Great alternative to hotel style rooms. These are big and modern and have an apartment feel. I had a balcony overlooking Flagstaff gardens and enjoyed the views over Melbourne.
Only downside is that there is no restaurant and the "orderin" online food was less than acceptable. Plenty of places to eat in Melbourne so that's not a problem.
Reception staff were pleasant and made me feel welcome.
Good spot opposite the underground train station and trams stops are close by.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Stephen H

Thank you for posting your kind review. I am pleased to read you found our apartments a great alternative to traditional hotel rooms. All of our apartments are fully self-contained and each offers its very own private balcony. Your comments regarding our friendly staff are truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed at Oaks on Lonsdale and decided to try their relatively newer property Oaks on William which is a year old. Oaks on William is located on William Street opposite the stunning Flagstaff Gardens. I stayed on the 17th floor - amazing! The room card used in the lift to gain access to floors is similar to 'payWave'. I can't begin to think how many times I've had to swipe magnetic cards over and over to gain access into a room. With the keyless 'payWave' system one wave and I was in.

Entering the park view studio room reminded me of a hotel I stayed at while visiting Paris, with a painted wall mural behind the bed, and chic contemporary furnishings. Walking onto the private balcony the view could be described as a blend of Paris, New York and London. In the distance the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel (similar to the London Eye), water views over The Docklands, traffic below reminiscent of a busy New York street, the stunning Flagstaff Gardens nestled next to Melbourne's historic buildings took me back to Luxembourg Gardens in the Latin Quarter, and the West Gate Bridge reminded me of London's Southwark Bridge. A symphony of horns heard from trams, buses, cars, motorbikes and even container ships at Docklands reminding me how 'alive' the city really is. The design of the balcony is enclosed so no other guests can see into your area. It's private, cosy and intimate. I enjoyed a glass of wine while soaking up the views over Melbourne. The bathroom has plenty of room with toiletries supplied and a Vidal Sassoon hairdryer. But best of all, nothing beats a rain shower. The lounge area has a full length mirror, big plasma TV, an iPod dock alarm clock, and a table that can be used as a work station or meals while taking in your very own city scape views. The queen mattress is so comfortable and of high quality, I woke in the middle of the night thinking I was in my own bed. Even the pillows selected will ensure you get a perfect night's rest. When I complimented the reception staff on my restful night's sleep, they said many guests return purely for the beds alone!

The kitchen has modern stainless steel appliances with tea, coffee and milk supplied. You can prepare your own meals, however with every type of food cuisine represented in Melbourne there's a strong culture of eating out. Next door you'll find Brother Thomas Cafe and believe me, the breakfast is exceptional. The complex has a gymnasium, but if you're like me and like to get out for a walk or run, having the Flagstaff Gardens at your doorstep is a bonus.

Oaks on William is walking distance from the Queen Victoria Market, the theatres, and Hardware Lane. The staff are always friendly, and ready to help with anything you ask.

I always stay at the Oaks, and will be checking out their other properties in the near future. This is my home away from home - just love it! I know you will too.

Room Tip: The park view room overlooking the docklands is breath taking.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
11  Thank AussieTraveljourno

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our property. I was truly delighted to read about your experience at the hotel. Your comments offer future travellers great insight in to all that Melbourne and our hotel has to offer. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Oaks on William again on your next visit to Melbourne. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Victor Kondarios