“Very clean, quite central, nice views across park”
Review of Oaks On William

Oaks On William
Ranked #49 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights for work, was allocated a room on the 17th floor with amazing views across Flagstaff Gardens to the Big wheel.
Rooms are clean if a tad noisey with heavy entrance doors that many let slam.

Room Tip: Book/request a park view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for posting your kind review. Pleased to read that you found your apartment was very clean and offered amazing views of the skyline. We hope to see you back at the hotel again in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stay@ Oaks On William in Melbourne in Room 1816.Room is excellent especially the view. We arrived early about 05.30am has to hang around till 09.30am.Unfortunately when we arrived on that particular day it was 1 degrees and it was very cold at the reception. We were tired and cold. When we were given Room No 1816 the views are just spectacular. We stayed there for 3 nights. One day the cleaner forget to leave 2 little flannel. Took a little while to get the flannel and when he turned up it was the floor mats instead.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your kind review. I am pleased to read that you found the views from you studio park apartment spectacular. I am also glad to read that the staff where able to get you into a comfortable apartment well ahead of the 2:00pm scheduled check-in time. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here over the weekend, what a great hotel. Quick,easy and early check in, with a complimentary upgrade. Our room on the 34th floor had a great view towards the bay and down to Southbank. Our room was excellent , very clean with all you need. The bed was wonderful,even had foxtel on TV. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Would make this our hotel of choice when in Melbourne, close walking distance to CBD and free tram just out the front door. Highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a fantastic view of Melbourne.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy L

Thank you for choosing to stay at Oaks on William. I am very pleased to read that your experience at the hotel over the weekend was most enjoyable. The views from the 34th floor are indeed amazing and judging from the photos posted as part of your review I can see you truly indeed this aspect of your stay. Your comments regarding the friendly service you received from our staff and the standard of cleaning in your room have been passed on with thanks to the staff respectively. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for three nights for a weekend away with my husband. They were busy at check-in, but staff were very friendly. We had a studio room with views over the park and were on floor 18. The views were great and we were treated to some great sunsets. The bed was so comfortable, my only complaint was that the pillows were too soft for my liking and they didn't have any others available. There also wasn't a compendium of info in the room, which I would have liked. Apart from that, the room was fantastic and had everything we needed. I loved the decor. We walked everywhere from there, good proximity to both the city and also docklands, south bank etc.

Room Tip: High floors have better views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haventbeenfar
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us. I am pleased to read that you found your apartment fantastic on our exclusive bedding range most comfortable. I am glad you found the time to explore our vibrant city and trust you were able to experience many of Melbourne’s lovely attractions. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oaks on William again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time to the Oaks on William in Melbourne. Got a pretty sweet deal and even though i arrived early they allowed me to check my bags and also use the gym while i waited. Very helpful and nice staff (hat tip to Elina). They get a lot business types coming through and even though i did not fit the bill i never felt out of place as one might expect since the hospitality was great all round.

Things to look out for: You will get confused with the elevator set up first time. Im 100% sure of that. Elevator and key rooms sometimes don't work and also the laundry machine can claim your gold coins for no reason.

Top place. My room was simple but simple in a meaningful way. Nice and Neat. Thanks to the team for making my first stay a happy one

Room Tip: Watch out for elevator setup. Confusing for first timers
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

I am delighted to read about your experience at the hotel and thank you for taking the time to share this with us. Your comments regarding our staff is truly appreciated and I am glad you felt right at home at the hotel. Your special mention of the service you received from Elina has been passed on with thanks. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel, excellent kitchen facilities and good bathroom, really liked their hairdryer. I was upgraded to the Park view room and I have the luxury of facing the Flagstaff Gardens, very relaxed and excellent view. I loved the king size bed. One downside is that the ceilings could be improved or painted another colour, as it was just concrete and it felt a bit cold. Another downside is the room service, I was not aware of the selective room service they provided. Reception told me since I got my room rates on discount plus I got upgraded, I don't get my room serviced however I can request for new towels. Make sure you ask them upon check in if you get room service or not. Nishty from reception was very helpful during my stay and showed us (boyfriend and myself) all the places to go and not go to. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the flagstaff gardens, higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your kind review. I am pleased to read that you found the views from your apartment excellent and that you thought the service your received from Nishty was worthy of a special mention. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Exceeded all my expectations. I was in a 1 bedroom apartment on the 34th floor with extensive views over the city. When I opened the door and walked into my apartment I was just bowled over. I was impressed with the layout, the amenities, the view and the service. The living room had a large flatscreen TV with Foxtel, an iPod docking station with speakers, and very comfortable leather lounge. There was a 2nd smaller flatscreen TV in the bedroom and the bed was really comfortable. I did not hear any outside noise. The kitchen is fully equipped. A large balcony off the lounge area has table and chairs and from there I had a spectacular view of the Friday night fireworks over Docklands. Perfectly located for getting around Melbourne with a stop for the free City Circle tram just around the corner. My first night I found a 24hour 7/11 in the next block where I bought some food staples. Flagstaff gardens is opposite and the Queen Victoria markets are 5mins walk away. I found the Oaks conveniently located for my short break in Melbourne. I would stay there again and would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: I was in room 3412. The higher floors have the better views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

It is always a pleasure to read such great feedback and from all of us at Oaks on William, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased that you found the layout of our one bedroom apartment perfectly suited to your needs and that the location of the hotel allowed you to access many of Melbourne’s great sites. It would be our pleasure to see you at the hotel again in the very near future.