“Great location in the city”
Review of Punthill Manhattan

Punthill Manhattan
Ranked #91 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I booked this hotel with a secret stay on Wotif.com. After reading reviews on Tripadvisor I was concerned and did request that my room not be on the bottom floor. The hotel is in a great location being close to cafes and my favorite place 'Kokoblack' is a two minute walk to Collins Street. The one bedroom apartment had a lovely art/warehouse deco and was very clean. My only complaint would be that the carpet was a little tired. Staff were very helpful with access to internet and making sure our room was warm upon arrival.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 17 May 2010

3 night stay. Location is great. But its time for a refurbishment guys.

dirtiest carpet of any hotel i have stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Nice kitchen an new LCD TV but very uninspiring rooms with plain decor. Our 'view' out the window was a concrete wall looking down onto an alley. We booked a one bedroom so our daughter could sleep in the room while we relaxed and watched TV. HARDLY a one bedroom, the room was just separated by a blind so my daughter could hear every sound we made. Very frustrating with a young child. We also had to pay $30 for secure parking next door that was NOT secure as our car (my mothers I had borrowed) was broken into, the door damaged and about $2 stolen (yes, they broke in for $2). My fault I suppose for not finding somewhere with parking but I assumed if they mentioned 'secure parking' that it was, well, secure parking! I'm coming back to Melbourne this month and definitely won't consider staying here but will find somewhere with a separate room and secure parking onsite.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Sh-citychicky
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I satyed there one night on business. I arrived at 4.30pm but still had to wait whilst they made up the room. The room they gave me has windows but they are about ten feet from a grey cement wall of a public carpark. Nothing else is visible but the grey cement wall and carpark railings. Car lights from the carpark go straight into the room. The blinds are transparent from my side so I assume people look straight in to the room as the material is the same both sides and the windows are clear. I also booked a Queen bed but when they had pushed two single beds together. This is usually not a problem as long as they use a queen mattress over the two single bases but they used tow single mattresses. To top it off they advertise Cable TV but you get a few foxtel channels added on without the cable TV remote control etc. Also the sound on the Foxtel channels doesn't work and is muffled. The staff at the front desk were dismissive of my complaints but as I was tired and didn't kick up a fuss and went to sleep. It was quite enough except for the occasional car in the carpark and lights sweeping the room. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank mymax
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 23 November 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 9 October 2009

My wife and I stayed for four nights in a one bedroom apartment and found the accomodation very good and clean. The bathroom and lounge/kitchen were large and comfortable. Location is very close to the heart of the city and trams. There is a large amount of food places within walking distance from 5 star to fast food.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We were travelling with our 4 teenage daughters for a dancing competition in Melbourne. The apartment was spacious and clean with an enormous bathroom (appreciated by our daughters).

The bedrooms were good but the street noise is very loud all night if you are not a heavy sleeper. The location is great as everything was in walking distance with a food hall in the Collins mall just across the street and a supermarket close by.

The only negative comment was that one of the staff wasnt overly helpful but overall I would definetly recommend this accommodation for a family.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family