“Undecided” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apartments @ Melbourne

Apartments @ Melbourne
“Undecided”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The location of the apartments was the best thing about this place. The "unmanned" check in and apartments element was fine for me and my partner. Upon entering our "loft style" apartment we were unprepared for the amount of stairs, and they were quite creaky. The aircon has to be on constantly otherwise upstairs would get extremely hot extremely quickly. Half way through our stay my partner pointed out we should have had a spa and separate shower in our room but we didn't bother to complain. But the shower over bath was annoying and water pressure was terrible. Would stay here again depending on the price and defiantly not the loft apartment. Saturday night street noise was a little bit much but we were on the first floor with quite a large window facing the street. I was under the impression our room wouldn't be serviced but came back one day and the bed had been made, restock towels etc, was a surprise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Screenname2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I was apprehensive booking with so few reviews. The apartments are in a very good central location. There is a bit of noise but not as much as I expected given it is the city centre. The apartment is spacious. The kitchenette limited so check if you want cooking facilities. There is an interesting system for check in given the apartment is 'unmanned' but it works fine but may spook some people. My apartment was grubby on arrival - the non primary areas ( like the shelves) had an impressive collection of dust though the manager arranged further clean promptly. There was a fair bit of wear around - like corners chipped off glass table. The bathrooms looked new in the pictures I saw on booking. I'm not sure how new they are but the tiles had more staining on the grout than most rural cheap motels that I have stayed in in 'woop woop'. Climbing into the bath to use the shower won't suit all.My biggest concern was the inefficient air con - again the manager was quick to help but the pads were full of years of grime and the settings had to be at a very different level (in fact opposite)to that described in the apartments instruction manual to achieve satisfactory cooling. A minor inconvenience was a surprising poor set up of plug points but I had a lot of electronic gear for charging. There is a washer/dryer but no clothes dryer to hang clothes on that I could find if had clothes not suitable for dryer. A small but-another example of lack of attention to detail. Would I stay again - not sure, would probably depend on having a very competitive price. And not in the middle of summer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed on the third floor and it was really noisy. You could hear the trams and noise from the street all night. It was fine until the stupid cleaner threw my ear plugs out and I did not notice until late one night. I did not sleep all night!!!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you want amazing accommodation in a great location at a really good price, this is THE place. If you want help with baggage, tourist information or room service then it is not. There is no reception, you check yourself in (via a good secure system) and there are very few staff around. I guess this is how they can offer such great apartments for the price. Now knowing what to expect we will certainly stay again but it is a little strange first time around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple